FIFTY-SEVEN (EDITED)

My heart is instantly in my throat as Harry shuts the metal door behind him.

"I had Styles here monitor our conversation from the security office," Alec says evilly.

Harry's face is stoic as he stares at me.

I have no idea what to think, or expect. My throat is dry and I can't seem to form words.

Alec is using my false words about my feelings to get Harry to turn on me.

"Styles, can you vouch for what Rose has just said?" Alec asks, the sinister smile still on his face. "Do you feel nothing for her?"

For a split second, I see emotion flash before his eyes-the green splashing from light to dark in seconds. I see visions of him holding me in the night, me cleaning his cuts, the two of us laughing together, his hand on my hack as we stared at the stars only a few hours ago.

Then his eyes darken, the green so muted it's almost black.

"I feel less than nothing for her," He snaps, tearing his eyes away from me.

I feel my heart crack.

"I suppose I have misjudged," Alec says, raising his eyebrows. "But there's always the chance that you're lying." His eyes flash.

Harry swallows. "I told you. she doesn't know anything. Why would I tell her anything?"

Every word that escapes from him seems to hit we harder, but I keep my expression neutral.

"Get her out of here, Styles. I expect you attending meetings, from now on," Alec snaps, picking up the papers on his desk and straightening them.

Harry nods and paces out of the room.

I stand from my seat, taking one last look at Alec before turning and following Harry.

I hate Alec.

When I emerge from Ivory and into the alley, Harry stands by his car, which is parked across the street.

"Get in," He snaps at me when I near him.

I sigh and comply.

It seems that every time I'm at Ivory, Harry ends up fuming at me.

"I don't understand," I say. "What were you doing there?"

"I went to talk to him beforehand, to make sure he wasn't pissed because I've missed meetings. He caught sight of you and Louis walking in and told me to wait in the surveillance room." Harry doesn't even look at me.

I look at my lap.

The car ride is silent.

I lean my head against the window, shutting my eyes.

"Don't fall asleep in my car again. I won't carry you up."

I flinch at Harry's words, sitting up straight. "I wasn't going to."

Harry's hands grip the steering wheel tightly, his knuckles almost turning white.

"I don't know why you're so pissed off," I say to him.

"I heard everything you said," He snaps. "Everything."

"So what?"

"So, you basically said you could give a flying fuck about me."

"Why does that matter to you?"

"Of course it matters to me, we're friends." He shakes his head. "We were friends," He corrects himself and my heart sinks.