Battle for the Chest Part 2

I quietly peeked around the tree, the pirates were distracted. My time to act I thought, I snuck away as quietly as I could, soon I was running as fast as my legs would carry me back to the Black Pearl and the Bloody Rose. I had renamed the boat a few hours ago.

Flashback

"What in the name of Davy Jones are you doing?" Brandy asked as she came around to the back of the ship. I had a spike in my hand and was carving in the new name.

"Changing the name" I said plainly, turning my attention back to the ship.

"The Bloody Rose" she said with a grin.

"I like the name" I growled changing the G to a R.

"H-how are you even hanging there?" she asked, I turned my head and gave her a look.

"Who am I?" I asked. She just shrugged "Captain Brittney Turner" I said insultingly. Then I turned my attention back to the ships name.

End of Flashback

I smiled at the thought. Finally, I had to stop and catch my breath, I sat on a stump, for minutes my ears were blinded by the rapid thumps of my heart and my labored breathing. Once my heart rate was back to normal and I was breathing evenly I surveyed my surroundings. Trees everywhere, sunlight shining through the leaves, soil and vines covered the ground, and a slight wind was blowing from the east. Not a port or even a path to the port in sight.

I sighed "where in the hell am I?" I asked myself hitting a fist on the stump. Then, I smiled, I had an idea..

*I clenched my eyes shut as I rocketed high above the treetops. This better work! I growled in my mind. I was holding onto the hilt of my sword for dear-life itself! I sighed and opened one eye, the island looked so small! I smiled as I gazed upon the port.

No one was on any of the ships.

"Damnit!" I growled, I scanned the island for life. The fight between Blackbeard's crew and the 'Dutchman's crew still raged, The Flying Dutchman wasn't far away from the island. Davy Jones was at the helm of the ship, pacing like some impatient wolf...waiting on its pray. On the other side of the island waited the Queen Anne's Revenge.

To me, it looked like Blackbeard didn't want to tangle with Davy Jones, that made me giggle. Jack would easily take on Davy, and here is the 'pirate that all pirates fear' running scared! In the midst of my laughter I spotted Pintel and Regetti racing towards an old church with the chest. Not far behind were a few of Davy's crew that dispatched from the fight. Pintel looked behind him then fell into a open grave, dragging Regetti with him.

I rolled my eyes "time for me to come in" I whispered with a half smile.