XXV

A Whole Lotta Shit

Goin' through hell tryna make it, not even heaven could stand in my way. -Excuse Me x Kevin Gates

|Mobile, AL|-|Four Hours Later|

"Hey" Que sat beside me on the bench at the rest stop.

"Hey" I mumbled

"You good?" He looked a little worried.

"Yes and no."

I was on the verge of crying but for some reason the tears wouldn't come out.

"No need to stress specially at this time." He reminded me "Promise everyone got yo back even Crystal, with y'all retarded ass." He mumbled the last part.

I punched him in his arm as he laughed.

"Ow, punched like a damn man." He rubbed his arm.

"Shut up then." I rolled my eyes

"Hey" A soft voice came behind us.

Turning around Crystal stood there shyly smiling. Rolling my eyes again, I turned back around starring straight ahead at nothing.

"Imma let y'all talk." Que got up from the seat to be replaced by Crystal.

"What do you want?" I muttered

"I came over here to say sorry." I quickly looked over at her in shock. "I know shut up." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"You sure you're Crystal or did we leave her back in 'Lanta?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Shut up and let me apologize." We both laughed "I'm sorry I got mad over somethin' stupid and not takin' your situation in to consideration. I was just made that you ain't tell me about the kid first." She said honestly.

"I accept your apology." She exhaled air that I don't even think she knew she was holding.

"Thank you." She smiled, hugging me.

"Trust and believe me if I coulda have told you I would have been said somethin'." I assured her "But it wasn't my place to say anythin'. If August didn't want no one to know then I have to respect his wish." She nodded her head understanding.

"So you've met the child huh?" She so damn nosey.

"Nosey ahh, yes I met her." We laughed again. "Her name's Mckenzie, she so gorgeous." I smiled hard thinking about her. Pulling my phone out, I went to my gallery. "See." I showed her a picture.

" I showed her a picture