Don't Touch Hot Things

Chapter 38: don't touch hot things
-Bex p.o.v.-

"Your hands are better!" Was the first thing Lily said once she saw me. "Did Madame Pomphey fix them?"

"No. I can take care of myself." I said stubbornly, not looking at the three boys.

"Alright we get it, your punishing us." James groaned.

"Maybe," I trailed off.

"We just want you safe," Sirius frowned and tried to reach for me.

I pulled back before he could touch me. "I don't need you to. I can take care of myself."

"We know. But that doesn't mean we aren't going to try and keep you safe from harm." Remus explained.

"I don't need you to." I shook my head at them.

"Fine." James sighed, "we'll back off."

I looked at the three boys, my lips pursed. "You better."

They cheered. Sirius moved to grab me, going to pull me into a hug but James beat him to it. James nuzzled his nose into my neck, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. Sirius frowned and went back to his previous position.

"Potter," Lily glared. "I thought we agreed that you wouldn't be all lovey, since she doesn't remember everything."

"Oh right." He gave a sheepish smile and pulled away. He gave me a quick wink before turning to face Lily. "Sorry, Evans, I forgot."

I giggled quietly, making a show at looking away, as if embarrassed. James smiled at how well I was going along with it for not really remembering anything. At least some of the fuzz had gone away, but my head was still filled with the unmistakable feeling of the unknown.

"We should probably head to class." Lily looked at me.

"There's still like twenty minutes until class starts," I looked at Lily confused. "Do we have to go? It's just Monday, we could skip."

Lily sent me a look of disapproval. "No, you need to go to the hospital wing, she has to make sure that you are able to go to classes. If she says yes, then you are not skipping."

"I have to get more tests done?" I frowned.

"Yes," Lily gave me a small smile of encouragement.

"Let's get this done," I grumbled. Together, me and Lily went to the hospital wing.

"There you are!" Poppy bustled over when she saw us enter. "Sit, sit." She shooed me towards the closest bed she could find.

"Alright, I'm going." I rolled my eyes and took a seat on the hospital bed.

She grabbed my hand and pulled it close to her face, examining it. "Your hand has healed." She looked at me suspiciously. "How exactly did that happen?"

"I have skills." I shrugged it off.

She narrowed her eyes, "I've examined your blood. It took a while but I did discover what your blood does."

"What do you mean?"

"Your blood is different, it can't be healed by just any healing magic. So what did you do?"

I smirked, "that's for me to know and you to never find out."

She glared and gave a huff, "let's finish the tests."

"What kind of tests?" I pulled my arm away, looking at her accusingly.

She merely shook her head at me and pulled out some muggle medical equipment. "I don't need anymore of you blood."

"Good." I grumbled and relaxed.

She picked up a necklace thing with an extended chain to hold the jewel. I looked at the object curiously, there was no jewel at the end. It was just a metal circle. This woman had a weird sense of fashion. I was looking at her with curiosity in my eyes when she placed the ends of the clasp, one in each ear so it was dangling down her face. I gave her a strange look.

She raised up the metal circle and moved to put in to my chest. I jerked away, sending her weirded out looks as I backed away from her. Lily gasped at my speed, one second I was sitting on the bed but when Poppy raised the metal piece I was on the other side of the bed, backing away from her.

"Miss. Dumbledore!" Poppy exclaimed.

"What is that thing?" I gestured to the thing in her hands and around her neck.

Lily put a hand on my arm, "Bex, it's just a stethoscope. Muggle doctors use it to check your heartbeat." She brought me back to the bed and sat me down.

I sent the foreign object a look of mistrust.

Slowly Poppy placed the 'stethoscope' on my chest. The cool metal object sending an involuntary shiver down my spine. I could feel the difference of temperature between the metal and my skin. "Take deep breaths." She instructed.

Closing my eyes, I sucked in a lungful of air and let it out. With each shaky breath my temperature increased. I peeked an eye open, looking at Poppy. Her face was thoughtful, she seemed a little unsure. That sent my heartbeat skyrocketing, blood pumping faster. Her eyes widened and she hissed in pain, yanking her hand off of the metal circle. There was a small sizzle as the metal hit her apron, burning a small hole in the fabric.

She sent me an unsure look, "uh, let's try your ears, yeah?" She grabbed another metal object. "Raise your hand when you hear the beep."

I nodded and she stuck the tip of her new object in my ear. I flinched at the touch of the strange object that should not be in my ear.

A beep sounded, making me jump. I raised my hand, my temperature rising as well. Before another beep could be heard a clank went off. The feel of the ear-equipment was gone.

I looked down, next to my feet sat the muggle thing. Poppy was blowing on her fingers, trying to sooth the burn.

"Alright, I think that's enough tests." She said and gathered the objects, being careful with the ones she used on me, seeing as they were still rather hot.

I smirked, the uneasiness gone along with the muggle objects. "Maybe next time you shouldn't try to touch hot things. Especially with metal."

"Oh shush you." She sent me a look, as did Lily. I ignored them both and stood.

"Yeah well, since this little thing is over, I'm gonna leave now." I made to leave but was pulled back.

"Ah ah ah." Poppy shook her head, "you still have to go to classes."

"This sucks." I grumbled and crossed my arms over my chest.

"But first, you need to be informed." Poppy pushed me onto the seat. "It seems that when you fell you hit your head and caused a concussion."

"Yeah I already know this." I rolled my eyes.

"The symptoms are," she continued on, ignoring my previous statement. "Short attention span, amnesia around the accident, dizziness," she continued to list off. I blocked her out, glancing around the room uninterestedly.

"You're free to go," she finished and left us alone, going into her office. Taking the equipment with her.

I glanced up after her in confusion. Lily looked at me, waiting. "Huh? Oh right. Let's go."

"You weren't listening were you?" Lily glared as we left the wing.

"Short attention span, remember?" I smirked, recalling one of the symptoms that Poppy listed off.

She sent me a look of disapproval.

-----------------
So guys, what do ya think? I've finally updated! Lol I know I take forever :c but it has been done! Yay! Lol
Comment, vote, share, fan, follow, and all that good stuff thanks guys!