Prologue

She manifested from the white, weightless mist, hovering inside it as a shower of gold sheilded her face. She wore a dress of white fabrics, some wrapped around her arms and falling towards the ground like a waterfall of white silk.

Little wisps of white and gold floated about and around her. He could hear their childlike whispers in the silence of the night.

A sparkling laugh shattered the silence, and he looked back to the figure bathed in shimmering gold.

You wonder who I am. She did not speak, yet he heard her voice.

He, startled, hesitated before nodding, more curious than anything.

She laughed again. You're just as I thought you'd be, and as brave as any. She paused, laughing lightly. I am the current soul of Zelda. These are my sisters who have lived before me.

The wisps, roused by her words, began to whisper louder in their musical voices.

He watched them and tried to count, but it was impossible. There were so many and they all looked the same.

She spouted off another sparkling laugh. Do not be so shocked, young warrior. The soul of Zelda has been reincarnated thousands of times since the beginning of mankind. Just as your soul has, Link.

Link gasped and stepped back, surprised.

Our souls have been together for hundreds and hundreds of years Link. Until now. During our last cycle, our souls were separated, and have now been born worlds apart. This cycle, it began to take it's toll.

Months ago, I was separated from the body I lived in by use of a song played by the Instrument of Seperation. My body was taken over by the Evil King, Gannondorf's soul. Now, my body with Gannondorf inside, lays waste to the lands of which I was born. Hyrule. It is up to you to save the lands.

I fear that once Gannondorf has finished with my body, he will destroy it. If the body of Zelda is to die without the soul, the cycle will be broken. Zelda, the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom, will cease to exist.

Will you, Link, holder of the Triforce of Courage, help me to save my life and the lives of Zelda?

Link nodded without hesistating, determined with all his soul.

Do you realize that in order to do so, you must defeat Gannondorf, holder of the Triforce of Power?

Again, Link nodded in earnest.

You are very kind to fix my mistake. For that, I grant you this tunic. She presented him a white tunic. It will help you survive on your journey to Hyrule, but it will not take you all the way. Your survival depends on the power of the Master Sword, but it has been lost to Hyrule for a great many years. It's up to you to find it. In order to save me, you also need the Instrument of Seperation. You will also be in need of a sheild.

South of here lies the enchanted Lost Woods, where you will find a sword you can use temporarily. To the east lies Goron River, where you will aquire a shield. It is an ancient sheild and will not last for long, so you will need to soon find a replacement. Finally, to the west lies Ice Tundra, where you will gain the silver bracers of strength.

After you have these three items, you will be ready to leave Torsain Village and make your journey north to Hyrule.

Link nodded.

One of my sisters will accompany you on your journey, and I will talk through her to you. You must hurry Link! Zelda's life is in danger!

The figure of the soul of Zelda disappeared and Link opened his eyes to see his house in Torsain Village.