Part 37: Halloween

"Oh my god what happened to your curls?" You exclaimed the second you walked out of your car and towards Matty who was already standing in line by the front entrance of the school. Not many were in front of you but enough for you to wait at least a few minutes before you got inside.

"Zoey used her flat iron on me! I know it looks weird but it really adds up to my costume." Matty grinned and ran a hand through his hair. His hair was so much longer without the curls you could barely recognize him.

"So, what is your costume exactly?" You questioned almost confused. You could tell it was significant but with the circumstances and the darkness around you besides the lights from the school it was hard to tell.

"Oh my god you're kidding me, right?" He asked almost frustrated and ran a hand through his hair. "I'm even wearing a moustache Y/N!"

"I don't know." You exclaimed and raised your hands in surrender. Matty let out a frustrated sigh and grabbed his phone from his pocket to look at his reflection through snapchat. He did in fact remind you of someone but the person wouldn't exactly come to your mind the second you saw him.

"I'm Ned Flanders from The Simpsons! You know the neighbor with two kids! Couldn't you tell from my outfit? The green sweater, the light pink dress shirt inside and the brown mustache? Zoey used half an hour to straighten my hair so we could put it into some sort of quiff!"

Your mouth turned into a huge o the second Matty exclaimed who he was and the resembling was clear now. You hadn't watched much The Simpsons, only at late night when you couldn't sleep or if Matty was over for the night. He loved that show more than ever and could literally quote every fucking line in the movie – he even had every season at his shelves at home!

"Which by the way had to be VERY spontaneous." He added and crossed his arms, giving you a look that gave you guilt running down your spine.

"I'm sorry Matty but I wasn't up for that dang two people donkey costume!" You argued and crossed your arms, but couldn't control the giggles leaving your pursed lips.

Matty wanted you to do a special costume together and you were up for it at first. That changed though the second you saw what he had in mind. It wasn't just a two people donkey costume, it was more like a unicorn with wings and everything! Not to mention that if you had to be in it you would need to be in the back to make sure you wouldn't lose balance with Matty's tall frame. You weren't supposed to back out but the second he sent you the picture you decided to back out and find an old costume instead.

"And what are you dressed as? A black angel?" He commented and observed your outfit, somehow remembering having seen it before. It reminded him of your freshman year during Halloween at a private party hosted by Dylan.

"Is it that obvious?" You grinned and straightened down your skirt. It was literally that simple. A strapless dress with a mini skirt along and a hairband that had the typical halo but in black suppled with black all-stars and black wings. It was a pretty decent costume but perfect to jump into and use once in a while.

"Yes, I'm frightened." Matty grinned and reached his arm forward for you to hook yours around his.

At least I look somehow scary." You commented and looked up at him with a smile.

"You don't think I look scary!?" He questioned gobsmocked, "I'm ten times scarier than you! Just wait until I'll find the bible and cite hymn 236! What's the worst think you can do to scare me? Do some sort of witchy angel power shit? I bet you can't even fly!"

"You gotta help me then." You giggled and placed his hands on your hips. Rolling his eyes by your request he lifted you with ease and giggled loudly, swinging you around shortly and placed you back on the ground.