XXVI

Take Your Mind Off Of Everything

All the stars in the sky can't shine like you on your worst day. You make everything all good, 24/7 birthday...
-Future Baby Mama x Jacquees

|New Orleans|-|Briyah Alsina|

"Mane I ain't been here in minute." Mel yawned pullin' up to his Auntie Len's house.

Mel and I decided to leave everyone at the hotel and go handle some business. Getting out the car we walked up the rocky pathway up to Len's front porch. Before we could knock on the door, it swung open revealing Len. Her usual happy vibe was replaced by a sad one, she hugged me rocking side to side.

"It's okay beybeh." She rubbed my back, pulling away looking over at Mel. "Boyy I ain't seen yah out'chea in foe' eva'." She hugged him.

"Hey Auntie" He embraced her

"Y'all come on in." Walking in the house a feeling of worth came over me. "Kenzie sleep, but it's 'bout time she get up." I nodded, going upstairs.

Walking into her room I laughed at how she was spawned out while sleeping, looking just like August. Going over to her I kissed all over her face trynna wake her up.

"Stawwp" she pushed my face.

"Okay I just go back home den." I shrugged.

Her beautiful green eyes opened as soon as she heard my voice. Smiling she got up hugging me tight.

"Mamma!!" She squealed

"Hey my baby!!" I smiled hugging her back.

"I mish chu!!"

"You miss me?" I act surprised, she nodded her head yes. "Mama miss you too baby." I kissed her again.

"Whea' dadly?"

"Daddy umm-" I signed, picking her up, sitting her in my lap as I sat on her bed. "back home. He couldn't make it." I try to find the right word to say.

"Why?" She looked up at me in curiosity.

"Uhh cause um-" I got cut off by my phone ring. Looking at the screen I knew who it was.

"You have a collect call from inmates August to accept this call press one now". Pulling the phone from my face I press one.

"Hello?" August voice came from the other side.

"Hey baby" I smiled

"Wassup? How yah feelin'?"

"I'm okay." My voice shook "You okay?"

"A nigga straight, yah know I'm good. Yah wit my beybeh?" I nodded as if he could see me.

"Yea hold on." I took the phone away from my face, putting it on speaker. "Say hey to daddy."

"Hey dadly" She spoke with her fingers in her mouth.

"Getchu hand out'chu mouth beybeh." He chuckled, I grabbed her arm taking her hand from her face.