Chapter 3

We've been at the airport for about ten minutes with no signs of our family members.

"Where is Uncle Ben?" Connor asks for about the tenth time.

"Cool it Con. It's only been a few minutes." Travis tells him. He's always been the level headed one.

"It's just his ADHD kicking in Trav." Brett says while putting his arm around Travis. Travis smiles and removes Brett's arm.

"I knew that Brett. You didn't have to tell me." I roll my eyes at them. To think that they're my older brothers. Travis looks at me and crosses his arms just like I have mine crossed. "Alexa do you have any sarcastic remark to make."

"No. I don't Travis Justin." You use my full first name, I use your full first name and middle. Travis smirks at me and I return it. I look out the window and see someone stepping out of a truck. He has a worn tan cowboy hat on, a red plaid shirt, jeans, and some old boots on. He looks in my direction and I quickly look away. I feel my cheeks go hot and pray that it goes away before one of my brothers sees my blush. It doesn't. Mason walks over to me and studies my face. Then he looks outside and back at me.

"Well," he stretches the word out. "It seems like someone has made our baby sister embarrassed." This, of course, gets the attention of my other brothers. They all gather around the window and stare at the stranger. The boy waves and that makes me blush even more. I try pushing my brothers away from my window, but all together, they're just too dang strong.

"Ugh, you guys are so embarrassing." They finally step away from the window, but they're all laughing. Connor comes and puts an arm around me.

"It's in the description of being an older brother. We have to embarrass our younger sister," he says. I shrug him off and sigh. Then I slump into a chair and 'pout'. This makes Travis come and sit by me.

"Alli, Alls? Oh come on Alex, we were only joking around. It's not like we're going to run into him. He's probably here to get his family." I sit up a little, but then slouch again when I see the same cowboy walking towards us. I glare daggers at Travis.

"Oh really?" I point at the boy and he just stares with bafflement.

"It's been a long time since I've seen you guys," the boy says when he gets into hearing range. That's when my mouth drops. I know who that cowboy is.