Chapter 26

"I will not have underage fornication under my roof!" I woke up to a shriek.

My eyes sprang open to see Eli smirking down at me. I gave her a weird look, looking around. I looked to my left and flushed as I realised Wes was lying next to me. Our legs were tangled as he had an arm draped across my waist and mine on his chest. Thankfully, he had remembered to put his shirt back on last night.

I slipped through his arms, feeling the warmness instantly slip as the cold morning air hit my bare shoulders from the tent opening.

"Amazing even your shriek didn't wake him up," I told Eli. We both looked down at Wes as he sleepily moved his mouth and went back to sleep.

"Maybe because a certain someone tired him out too much last night, if you know what I mean," she smirked in response. I felt the blood instantly rush to my cheeks.

"Well?" she demanded when I didn't say anything.

"What?" I said in exasperation. I think Jordan was influencing her, she was already becoming more and more of a morning person.

"What happened?" she shrieked excitedly. I looked over at Wes worriedly. He seemed to be still sleeping.

"Let's just say you were right," I turned back to her smiling. "I did figure it out myself."

She gave me her biggest smile and flung her arms around me.

"Okay, okay, enough with the love," I laughed, hugging her back.

"No, this is real love," she threw a grin at me before she kicked Wes in the ribs.

He yelped awake, looking around wildly. His eyes focused on me and then a determined Eli, who was glaring down at him with a hand on her hip.

"Look, Bane," she said threateningly. "If you ever, and I mean ever, hurt Kitty, I'll disembody you, limb by limb, and then feed your testicles Hannibal style." I rolled my eyes at her. She really was the family I didn't have.

"Okay, geez," he rubbed a hand over his eyes and through his dishevelled hair. His morning hair was so damn sexy. I just wanted to run my hand through that soft silky mess. "Why do all your threats involve my manhood?"

"Good, now that's out the way," Eli's glare turned into a full-sized grin. "I'll see you guys at breakfast."

With that she flipped her hair and stalked out of the tent. There was silence as we both looked at each other before bursting into laughter. Wes stretched before lying back down.

"Well I guess I'd do the same to Jordan," I said, moving over to him and crouching down next to him.

"I think I'd be too scared to threaten Eli," he laughed, turning to me and propping his elbow on the ground to push himself up.

I laughed and kissed him on the lips, lingering for a few more seconds, "Good morning, by the way."

"It really is," he smiled against my lips. I drew my hand out and finally got to do what I wanted, I ran my hand through his messy hair. And it was even silkier than I expected. Dang, it was smoother than mine. He even beat me with hair quality god damn it!

He pulled back, kissing my nose.

"Any nightmares last night?" he asked, rubbing his thumb across my cheekbone.

"Nope," I smiled. "But I think waking up to Eli's shrieks was the nightmare."

He raised an eyebrow at me, so I explained, "You slept like a log, you didn't even wake up when Eli was shouting."