XIV

Hope you're having a great day! Don't forget to comment and vote!

Our little, um, moment didn't last too long when we heard Nico screaming. We both took off in that direction, not before I enchanted the ground where we had been so I could find it again. As we ran towards Nico the stone became cold and dead again. Eventually we had came upon a cave with split openings. We didn't know which way to go.

"Nico!" I screamed. "Where are you?"

My voice echoed back but there wasn't a response.

Percy squeezed my hand, "(Y/n), you've got to trust me." I nodded hesitantly. "I'm going to go one way and you're going to go another way."

"But Percy--"

"No, we have to... It's the quickest way." He said.

I glared at him. I knew he was right but I also knew this could be the last time I would ever be able to see him. I kissed him. "Good luck." I said before dashing into the dark cave to the right.

Immediately I almost died. Luckly for me I had fast reflexes and moved before the motion activated arrows impaled me. I could faintly hear Percy's footsteps in sync with mine from the other side. I started to sing to fill the errie silence.

I remember tears streaming down your face

When I said, "I'll never let you go"

When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window darling

Everything's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on

Hold onto this lullaby

Even when the music's gone

Gone

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound--

I stopped not hearing Percy's rhythmic footsteps anymore. Panic rose inside of me when I heard Percy scream my name.

"Percy?!" I screamed until my voice became horse.

Suddenly the cave's walls dissapeared to reveal Percy laying cold and bloody on the ground. I ran towards him but was thrown back by an invisible wall. I fired my powers at it while screaming his name until I was drained. I fell to the ground and sat against the boundry. My heart was being suffocated by a cold hand.

"It hurts," a familar voice asked. "Doesn't it?"

"Hera?" I asked weakly. "Oh! Please help him!" I begged tears falling down my face.

She was on Percy's side of the wall. Her white dress was stained with blood but she looked beautiful as ever. Her bent down. "Dear, (Y/n)." She brushed her fingers over Percy's arm with such delicacy and five new incisions appeared on him.

"Hera?" I said horrified. "Please! No!"

"You don't understand, (Y/n), do you?"

I mutely shook my head not taking my eyes off of Percy. It hurt to see him so helpless.

"Love. It's weird how it works, isn't it..." She said. 5 more red lines. "I mean at first you didn't like him... But now? You'd do anything for him, am I right?"

I nodded. She threw a golden dagger over to my side. It crossed the boundry and for a spilt second I had hopes that the wall had dissapeared and I began clawing at it again.

"Do it, (Y/n)." Hera said smiling evily.

"No," I said but I picked up the dagger with trembling hands.

"You're tempted," She said. "Kill him."

"Never!" I screamed.

"If you do I'll never bother you again and you'll be able to continue this silly quest."

"No! Go away!"

"Not until I get a soul!" She yelled, bloodthirsty.

"Then take mine." I said quietly.

"Yours?" She repeated in a whisper.

"Yes." I said without heasitation. "Swear on the River Styx that if I stab myself you'll leave us alone."

Hera's eyes glowed red. "(Y/n)'s soul... Even better! I swear on the River Styx!"

Lighting thundered in the distance.

I looked at Percy then at the golden dagger. I quickly took the dagger and sabbed myself in the stomach. I'll have to admit, it's not a fun task or a fun feeling. And it hurts like bloody hell. It made me slightly nausious seeing my own ichor running down my shirt. I fell over.

Hera started to dissapear, just as the oath promised. "No!" She cried. "Where's (Y/n)'s soul! Why isn't she dead!"

"I stabbed myself just as the oath said." I said weakly. "And you're leaving us alone just as the oath said."

"No!" She wailed.

"But don't forget I'm immortal, bitch. I don't do that whole dying thing."

And she disappeared for good.

Did you guys like it? It was fun to write! Any requests?

Don't forget to comment and vote!