Mending Broken Hearts

Ronni's POV:

We all sat in the waiting room, waiting for Megan to get out of surgery. That wasn't even the worst part about tonight. Her father didnt even come to the hospital to see her, revealing the coward that he really is.

" Baby, its getting late and we both have to work tomorrow. Good job tonight, and we will see you next Friday. " my mother kissed my forehead, and so did my dad. They exited the hospital. I looked over at Danielle, who was comforting Aaliyah while pushing away tears of her own. I looked at Devin, who wouldnt stop pacing back and forth.

" Yo', come on over here and sit down. Pacing is only stressing you and us out. " Paris told Devin. He slowly walked over to the seat next to me, lying his head on my shoulder.

" Babe, when did this happen? " Paris asked me.

" The day of the kickball game. " I stated.

" And you're just now saying anything? " he sat up.

" And it was for this exact reason. I knew that somebody would end up hurt, look where Megan is? Fighting for her damn life, and her father doesnt even have the balls to come and see her. " I stormed off.

Devin's POV:

Paris palmed his face, deeply sighing.

" I got him. " I groaned as I got up, walking towards the bathrooms. I found him standing by a window, looking out at the view. I positioned my hands on both sides of him, putting my chest to his back and resting my chin on his head.

" You know, he's just looking out for you. He's not blaming you for anything, he just feels that it possibly could have been avoided. " I explained.

" I know, its just too much going on right now. I realize that it's my fault. " he said.

" Why you blaming yourself? " I asked, curiously.

" We're beefing over the most stupid shit ever, and we're all so dumb that we don't even realize that we're killing ourselves. Any of us could have been where she is, I shouldn't have said what I said at that time. " he cried.

" See, thats where you're wrong. " I turned him around. " This man raped you, there is no wrong or right time to tell anybody that. Stop pinning the blame on yourself all the time, people like you are the victims of so much shit. Y'all dont do anything to anybody, but yet are so willing to forgive. That's a good thing, but don't be no damn fool and keep allowing that company to stay around. You can only say sorry so many times before it becomes a regular cycle, and you don't want that. " I knew he understood everything that I said, that's why he remained quiet.

" Babe? " Paris spoke. We both turned around to look at him. " She wants to speak to you. "

Aaliyah's POV:

Megan asked that Devin and Paris remain outside. She wanted to talk to us three, beginning with me.

" You are the true definition of a ride of die, bitch. " she smiled and I chuckled. " I'm sorry about what I said to Johny, that stuff was way out of line. I feel like he could have been here today if it wasn't for me, and that's the truth. You three were beautiful together, and now I can see him through Aaliyah. " Tears rolled down Danielle's face as she rushed outside of the door. I got up and walked towards the bed.

" What I love about you is that you never folded! You hugged me when I was outside, and I thought I would be alone. No matter what happens between us, what I do, what I say, you will always be my best friend, and nothing can take that away from me. You were my diary, and I appreciate you for everything. " she said and I could do nothing but smile.

" Ronni? " she called him. He slowly walked over to where she was. " I can tell you hate hospitals, I do too! " they both laughed. " But you will really be the death of me. You're handsome, talented, kind-hearted, free spirited, and a beast at everything that you do. Dont you see why I envy you? Everybody knows that Megan is the pretty girl who calls on her dad when she doesn't get her way, but that's not you! You work hard and you always make sure that everyone is okay, even me. " she spoke.

" Don't envy me, I envy you. Bitch, you are a Stingette, how lovely can that be? " they laughed. " Even though this all happened over pointless beef, I am glad we did. I have your cousin now, and I love Paris. I have a new friend, who is your best friend that never folded on you. I fought for something that I wanted, and I got it. Its not that you do bad things to see me win, but you're more so my motivation. " he ranted.

" I like how you make my evil ways sound so justifying. " they both laughed again.

" Getchu some rest, sweetie. " he kissed her forehead.