11:11

"Quick make a wish!" Newt exclaims.

"What?" I ask, confused by his sudden outburst. One minute we're watching netflix and the next he's screaming about wishes.

"It's 11:11, you have to make a wish!"

"Why?"

"Hurry, you don't have much time!"

"Okay, okay. What should I wish for?"

"I can't wish for you, just think of something you really want, something that you're desperate enough to wish for."

I'm thinking and thinking about what to wish for and there's only one thing I really want, but I don't know if this is the time to wish for it.

"Did you make your wish?"

"Yeah. Do I have to tell you what I wished for?" I don't really want to tell him, it'll ruin everything.

"No! Your wish won't come true if you tell me, but you have to promise you'll tell me when it does come true. Okay?"

"Okay."

It's been three months since the first wish and at least once a week at 11:11 he tells me to make a wish. I can't help but wish for the same thing every time.

Today something felt different. Newt started checking the clock and at exactly 11:11 he had a timer set.

"Wow, someone's prepared," I say after the alarm goes off.

"You gotta be. Do you have your wish?"

"I do. I assume you already have one since you're so eager."

"I do have a wish prepared."

"Okay you've got to tell me what it is."

"You know the rule, I can only tell you once it comes true."

"Well... make it come true I want to know."

"Okay..."

Suddenly he pulls me into his arms and crashes his lips into mine. We stay there for what seems like forever until he finally pulls away.

"My wish was to kiss you, at least once," he says, looking away and rubbing the back of his neck.

"That was my wish too."

He looks up and the biggest smile I have ever seen flashes across his face before he pulls me in for another kiss.