Chapter Thirty-one

Should I turn around or run? Just turn around my conscious said once again. Like I'd listen to you again I replied and went with option 2, run.

3

2

1

I ran as fast as I could go. I could hear the persons footsteps closing in behind me so I decided to yell for help.

"HELP ME! SOME MANIAC IS TRYING TO KILL ME" I screamed for my dear life.

I noticed one of the lights go on at the front porch and I felt relieved. Someone heard me.. and will hopefully save me. The mysterious person behind me must have noticed since I was roughly tackled to the ground, the last piece of hope along with it. A hand clamped to my mouth since I tried screaming out as the person crouching on top of me stared down at me. I hoped that glaring at him would scare him away but he wasn't fazed. I decided to do what any person in my situation would do and I bit his hand.

"Ouch" he grunted taking his hand away from my mouth and examining his injury.

I decided not to waste the precious time I had left as I screamed out to whoever would listen. "RAPE! SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH DUDE IS BATSHIT CRAZY AND IS KIDNAPPING ME-" but I was cut off short as a cloth was tightly wrapped around my mouth.

His brown eyes followed mine as I denied to give in, holding my breath for as long as I could. Credit to my swimming lessons. I couldn't hold out any longer as I took in a small breath, coughing and giving into the darkness.

××

I ignored the searing pain in my head as my eyes adjusted to the light.

I looked at my hands to see them tied together as well as my feet. The confusion that had formed left when the events came flooding back and I looked around me in disbelief.

My head snapped up to the door that had opened and a familiar person walked in. I knew I remembered those brown eyes. My kidnapper walked in with a smirk playing on his lips and I glared at him not daring to say a word, rather stunned that he had kidnapped me.

Chase pulled out a knife from his pocket and started to cut the rope around my legs.

He gave me a warning look. "Don't talk back to him and don't let your smart ass do the talking" before smirking "unless you want to get yourself killed, which I don't mind at all"

I had many questions. Firstly who is him? Who the hell are you? And why the hell did you kidnap me?

As soon as he untied the rope on my legs I kicked him where the sun ain't shine. Which made Chase fall to the ground.

"My baby makers" Chase groaned in pain.

"Like anyone would like to have a baby with you" I spat.

We were both interrupted as another guy entered. He was young around the same height as me, with brown eyes and light brown hair. He stood looking at the both of us with an amused yet questioning look.

I simply shrugged innocently and he walked over to me, disregarding Chase and taking me with him. For some reason I felt a lot safer in this strangers hands than Chase's. His grip wasn't rough or tight, but instead soft and light.

He led me through many dimly lit hallways, so many that I had lost count.

I gave up on trying to memorise the directions as I focused on the stranger. He didn't look dodgy, well cleaned wearing grey tracksuit pants and a white top.

He stopped in front of a doorway which immediately made me halt.

"Look, what you did was pretty cool there so I'm going to help you out. Always address him as sir and remember to answer all of his questions. And don't piss him off" He told me in a low and comforting tone. He was making sure I was taking in everything he was saying. For some reason, I didn't like the sound of the guy he was talking about.

"And what if I don't follow these rules?" I asked raising a brow.

'Then may god bless you" he muttered under his breath and opened the door.

Inside stank like hell. It was a mix of alcohol and drugs. I looked around and it was an open space with a few guards standing near the door. However my eyes were entranced into the man who stood about ten feet away with his back turned to me. He wore a white button up shirt tucked into his navy pants. 

The room was silent as we waited for the royal majesty to turn around. No joke, was he like the prince or something because he sure as hell acted like it. Even though his back was facing me I could see him smoking a cigarette, blowing the smoke in a slow matter.

My jaw dropped when he turned around. My eyes took in his appearance and he took my breath away. From his well-built figure to his well-defined jawline. My eyes met his blue eyes and I was reminded of the ocean yet there was a certain coldness and emptiness overpowering it. He ran his hand through his light brown hair and stared right back at me with a deep gaze. I wanted to look away but I couldn't steer my eyes from his gaze. My eyes slightly lifted to his scar which was slightly faded above his right eye which only made him hotter. Although he was handsome his stance screamed ruthless killer.

"È questa la ragazza?" While still looking at me he asked a question to someone, in a deep Italian voice. ("Is this the girl?")

"Sì," the man replied.

Damn, I knew I should've learnt Italian in school. But who would've known that you'd get kidnapped by Italians? I mean, lets be realistic.

The door suddenly opened and Chase came in with a murderous glare looking directly at me.

"Damien" The leader spoke to the man known as Damien sending him some sort of signal.

Damien then nodded and walked further away from me next to the door soon followed by Chase. I almost wanted to tell them not to leave because I'd have to be continuously aware of his every movement and deep burning gaze.

"You're name?" He finally talked to me. His voice screamed authority and I was thankful that he knew English.

"What's your name?" I asked trying to annoy him.

Let's see what his tolerance is.

"I am not the one to play around with. Now tell me what is your name?" He asked coldly.

"Avery" I said crossing my arms.

"Hmm Avery" the man repeated, my name rolling off his tongue.

"Now are you gonna answer my question?" I asked.

"The names Xavier and I'd lose the attitude if I were you or you'll get in all sorts of trouble" Xavier gave me a stern warning.

"Chase, le cartelle" Xavier said. ("Chase, the folders")

Chase stepped forward and handed a stack of folders. He made his way back towards the door, stopping by my side.

"You better watch your step" Chase whispered and darted his eyes to his belt. I shifted my eyes to his belt and saw a gun. I immediately stiffened. Receiving the expression he wanted, he smirked and walked back to his place.

Xavier scanned over the files before meeting my eyes. Gosh those handsome blue eyes. Get a grip, my conscious self reminded me. For once I am grateful that my conscious self said that.

"So basically you are here because your father has stolen some of our money" Xavier spoke in a husky tone.

"Father? I don't have a father" I questioned, laughing dryly. He gave me a stern face.

"You mean John? As soon as he walked out of the door he lost being a father" I spat out.

"Look, I don't give two fucks about you, or your family issues. But your father made a deal with me a few years ago. We lended him our money, which he was meant to pay back. If he didn't pay the money by a certain date then we can collect anything that will make up for it. Which is when you come into play" Xavier said coldly looking bored.

"What? You can't take full ownership of me" I exclaimed feeling my eyes widen in horror. John really is cold hearted.

"Sweetheart, it's not just you" Xavier smirked.

××

Ok so how was this chapter? And what do you think about Xavier? More exciting Chapters to come. I will be updating on Sunday.

Remember to comment and vote
~ Ashley