Chapter Fifteen

Author's Note:

Okay, guys. Here's Chapter Fifteen. I don't even know what to say, just. Gah. Feels. Anyways. Enjoy. Vote, comment, fan, share, the usual. :)

xoxo,
Q.

“Hey, Luke?” Emery asks, biting his lip, nervously.

“Hmm?” I respond, trying to focus on his words instead of how much I want to kiss him right now.

“Can I ask you for a favor?” he asks, quietly.

“Yes to anything.” I mumble, unable to focus, beginning to kiss down his jaw. He giggles slightly as I hit a ticklish spot, which is the cutest thing ever, but then pushes me away.

“I’m serious, Luke.”

I sigh. “What’s up?” I ask.

He bites his lip, but then stops himself when he sees my expression. “Sorry.” He says, quickly, and I chuckle before letting him continue. He takes a deep breath before speaking. “I wanna tell Katy.”

“Is that all?” I ask, already leaning forward to kiss him again. “Sure, whatever you want.”

He pushes me away again, his eyebrows raised. “Seriously?”

I roll my eyes. “Well, not whatever you want.”

He laughs.

“But yeah,” I continue. “We can tell Katy if you want to. I mean, I’d rather not, but I’ll survive. Just so long as she knows she’s gotta keep it to herself.”

Emery sighs and bites his lip again.

I sigh as well and cup his face in my hand. “I know you hate keeping it a secret. And I’m really, really sorry. But I just can’t—”

Emery cuts me off, smiling slightly. “Luke, you don’t have to explain. I understand. And I don’t blame you. Really, I don’t care. We can keep it as secret as you want. As long as I can still do this,” he leans forward and presses his lips to mine, sending a jolt of electricity through my veins. When he pulls away, I grin at him, goofily.

“You can do that all you want.” I say and immediately go in for seconds.

Emery and I have been spending basically all our free time together. Sometimes I’ll tell my parents I’m meeting Nate or Alana so they won’t get suspicious. Usually we’ll be at Emery’s house, because we don’t really have to hide anything from his parents. Well, I mean, we don’t exactly make out in front of them, but it feels good to be able to hold his hand more freely in his house.

I look over to the corner of his room and see his guitar resting against his desk. My eyes widen and I immediately get up and grab it. Emery watches me, his eyebrows raised. I sit back down across from Emery, our knees touching, and I hand him the guitar.

“Play me something.” I say.

He smirks. “Yes, sir.”

I roll my eyes. “Please.”

“Sure.” He says, with a smile and kisses my cheek, softly. It’s the sweetest and most innocent thing in the world, and I feel my heart aching. Then he starts playing and I feel that thing again.

That buzzing feeling inside my chest, like my phone when it’s on vibrate. When he starts singing, it’s like everything shuts down. I can’t form words; I can’t form coherent thoughts in my brain. All I can do is sit here and listen to the sound coming from this one beautiful boy in front me.