Chapter 219.

Hardin's POV.

“Well that’s not enough of an explanation. I’m going and you know what? I don’t want you to come with me anymore,” she says to me.

“What?”

“I don’t want you to come,” she stands from the chair and my heart starts to race, “You have tried to ruin this for me, this has been my dream since I can remember and you tried to ruin it for me. You’ve turned something that I should be looking forward to into something that I can barely stand. I should be excited and ready to go, instead you have made sure I have nowhere to live and no support system at all. So no, I don’t want you to go.”

Who the fuck does she think she is? She thinks just because I don't want to go to Seattle with her that she can say shit like this to me? She doesn't want me to fucking go?

My temper rises and I try my best to swallow it down.

"I don't want you to go,"

I can't control it, there's no fucking way to stop it from erupting.

“You..” I can only see red as I pace across the deck, “you... you know what Tessa? No one gives a fuck about Seattle except, who the hell grows up planning on moving to Seattle fucking Washington, real ambitious,” I say through my clenched teeth, “and in case you forgot I’m the only reason you have that opportunity to begin with. You think anyone else is getting a paid fucking internship as a freshman in college? Fuck no! Most people struggle to get a paid internship even after they graduate so you should be kissing my god damned feet for getting you that fucking job, you ungrateful little,” I'm interrupted by her taking a step toward me and raising her hand.

I catch her by the wrist just before she can slap me. She fucking uninvited me to Seattle and she's the one trying to slap me? I don't fucking think so.

“Don’t,” I breath, only inches from her face. My breath is erratic, barely controlled, as I lower her hand.

Her eyes are wide, pupils blown, and I turn away from her and stalk into the bedroom, down the stairs, and as far from this bullshit as I can get.

It's too early for this shit. I find myself at the small coffee shop in town, the coffee tastes like tar and the muffin is even worse. I hate this bullshit small town and it's lack of every fucking thing.

Now I've fucking done it, she doesn't even want me to go with her. Not that I wanted to or was going to go but now she has rescinded her offer all together and I get the feeling she means it. I tear three sugar packets at once and dump them into the disgusting coffee, stirring it with a plastic spoon.

"Good morning," A familiar voice greets me. Not the voice I wanted to hear though.

"Why are you here?" I ask Lillian.

"Well you obviously aren't a morning person," she rolls her eyes and takes a seat in front of me.

"Go away," I huff and look around the small café. A line has formed nearly to the door and almost all of the tables are full. I should probably do everyone in line a favor and tell them to find a fucking Starbucks because this place blows.

"You didn't apologize did you?"

"God you are so damn nosey," I pinch the bridge of my nose and she smiles.

"Are you going to finish that?" She gestures to the rock hard muffin in front of me.

I slide it over to her and she tears a piece off, "I wouldn't eat that," I warn but she does anyway.

"It's not that bad," she lies, I can tell she wants to spit it out but instead she swallows it down. "So are you going to tell me why you didn't apologize to Tamara?"