F i v e

「   F I V E 

「   F I V E  」

:

The hum of the cars engine died down waking me from my self exhaustion.

Lifting my head from the seat of the car I saw the neon lights of—
    Jeffs All American Diner

Jeff diner is one of those old trailers that are found on the side of the road. This diner is not far from the city, but just enough to not be found.

My feet dragging against the dusty dirt path. The crunching of rocks shifting fills the air and the hum of electricity flowing through the over head sign.

We both walk inside finding a booth off to the right, far from the counter bar. Both sitting opposite from one another, my eyes avoiding hers in fear of tears spilling.

Leaning on my elbows I stare out the blinds of the diner. The old 80s music buzzing through the old speakers of a juke box.

" Hello—what can I get you both tonight?"

I didn't bother to raise my head or eyes from the road outside. The sinister images of blood and death plaguing my thoughts.

" Can I get a coffee please and a burger and fries—er..Scarlett."

I make eye contact with Harleens questioning baby blue ones. The vibrant lights of the diner making her face glow almost angelically.

" Hmmm" I hum staring at her with blank eyes.

" What would you like to eat?" She asks fiddling with a napkin on the table. She's nervous.

" I'll just get a water please." I smile as the waitress jotts down on her notepad before smiling and engaging her attention else where.

A thick silence setting between us again. The events of earlier flashing through my head. The morbid scenes of death haunting me, wincing as I try avert my attention everywhere.

But everywhere I look I see her. Death.
There was so much blood.

That's when I look down. Down to my hands and I see it. The stains of her innocence on my hands. My eyes widening as my heart rate increasing sending my mind into a panicking frenzy. Jumping out my seat on to my feet.

" I'm going the bathroom."

Pushing through the bathroom door, running towards the sink plain white sink.
The rushing sound of water bursting from the dirty taps. Washing m hands thoroughly trying to scrub my hands of the memory.