Chapter 14: Revelations

I was still hanging behind Chase's back like a monkey and he never made any kind of action to put me down. I think he enjoys carrying me around.

Keep telling yourself that, Amber.

Right. What Chase is doing right now is just for fun. Nothing personal, so why does it bother me that much?

Because you like him.

I was taken aback by my own thoughts, clearly not expecting it. Me? Liking him? No way! Just because he's been sweet to me today doesn't mean I immediately like him. He's just a friend. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a friend.

"Teddy Bear?" He said, trying to grasp my attention. I finally looked at him with a small smile.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"I've been calling your name for the past two minutes, but you never answered. Is something bothering you?"

Yes. "No, why would something be bothering me?"

"Because you're so quiet. You're never usually this quiet. You like to talk a lot. I may not know you well enough, but that's what I've noticed about you. You tend to talk a lot." He replied and I chuckled.

"Nothing's bothering me, honestly. I just have a lot on my mind." I replied, half lying, half telling the truth.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked and I gulped.

I'm thinking about you.

"About Austin, Aiden and I's fight." I lied. He nodded his head in understanding while I just smiled at him.

Honestly, Chase isn't the only one in my mind. I was still thinking about the fight. I mean, we have fought before, but nothing serious like this. And it's all Megan's fucking fault. If she didn't pop in on our lives, this wouldn't have happened. She stole everyone I care from me.

"Aren't you getting tired of carrying me around?" I asked as I tightened my hold on his neck. He just chuckled and looked straight ahead.

"Well, honestly, I am tired, but it's still worth it. My Teddy Bear isn't tired, so I guess I'll survive." He replied and I can feel myself redden again. My stomach did flips and my heart fluttered in his words.

Chase, what are you doing to me?

"You can put me down, Chase. I'm fine." I replied and started to get down, but he just tightened his hold on my legs.

"Teddy Bear, like I said, it's fine. Don't worry." He replied, but I just continued to try and get down. After a while, I heard him sigh and finally let me get down.

"Are you sure?" He asked when I was already beside him.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I smiled at him and he casually slung his arms around me.

After a few minutes of walking, we arrived home, where Aiden, Austin, and Dylan were waiting in the front door with their phones out. I rolled my eyes and just continued walking with Chase beside me, his arm still slung around me.

When we came closer to the front door, they somehow noticed our presence and looked up at us. They looked at us with suspicion and curiousness, while I slowly took Chase's arm away from me.

He looked at me in confusion and whispered, "Why did you take off my arm?"

I looked at him and replied, "I may be mad at them, but I still don't want them to think that I'm dating you. I mean, we hate each other right? And you being nice to me is just temporary so I might as well not be used to it."