Chapter 14

As time moved forward, the cold of Winter set upon the school and Chistmas break came. Students started leaving for home, others, stayed. Rosie planned to stay for Christmas, making a few quick trips to Hogsmead for gifts.

"What are you doing?" Severus grumbled from bed.

"Working on my Christmas gifts." Rosie tied a bow on the one she was working on.

Now it was the middle of the night on the eve of Christmas eve, and Severus wasn't the happiest of people to be disturbed by the crackling of paper. Standing up in his white t-shirt and sweat pants, he walked over to her and looked at the small stack of presents.

"Who are these all for?" he questioned.

"Well, some are for my friends, some are for me." she worked on wrapping the next gift.

"You give gifts to yourself?" Severus picked up one of the gifts and looked it over.

"Well... If no one else is going to give me something, why not give myself something." she yawned and drowsily continued working.

"I think that's enough wrapping for one night." he picked up the presents and set them in a nearby chair.

"But I have to finish." Rosie muttered, yawning again.

"I have to get some sleep and so do you." he sighed and picked her up, setting her in his bed.

Rosie snuggled into the covers as Severus tried to get comfortable on the small couch in the room. She stared at him for a minute.

"Severus?" she mumbled.

"Hm?" He pulled a blanket over himself.

"Thank you." and just like that, Rosie was out for the night.

In the morning, Severus got up and left Rosie to sleep. He went and sat at the teachers' table, a faint smile on his face.

"Severus, are you going home today or staying?" Dumbledore looked at the man cloaked in black.

"I'll be staying for the holidays, Headmaster." he looked at his plate of food and poked it with his fork. "Actually sir, I was wondering if I could take a group of students to Hogsmead. For gift shopping."

Dumbledore smiled for a second and nodded. "I only have one question Severus."

"What is it sir?" Severus looked at him.

"Is the gift shopping for you or the students?" Dumbledore smirked lightly at Severus, that knowing twinkle in his eyes.

"The students. Why on earth would it be me?" he huffed and began to eat.

"Just remember, her robe size is 4 and her favorite color is black. She loves books and potions." Dumbledore laughed slightly as a glare was shot his way.

"I will not be shopping." Severus growled.

"Well, just in case you do, use the secret passage to your room. Rosie doesn't know of it yet, so she won't spoil her Christmas." The headmaster dodged a small bit of egg that was tossed at him from the tip of Severus's fork.

Severus finished breakfast quickly and left to grab a few things from his room before going to Hogsmead. He looked over at the snoring woman in his bed and sighed lightly.

"The things I do to make you happy." he grumbled and walked closer, pulling his sheets over her shivering body. "Sleep tight." he looked around before quickly leaving to meet the students in the courtyard.

Rosie, in the room still, smiled and snuggled more into the blankets. "I will." she muttered before falling back asleep.