Chapter 36

~Gabrielle's POV~

"You didn't do anything. It's just that.."

"It's just what?" He asked.

"I think you deserve a girl who will love you just as much as you would love them."

"So what you are trying to say is that you don't have feelings for me?" His voice went cold gas he let go of my hands.

"I do! It's just I like you more as a really good friend." I said.

I mentally face palmed myself, I knew I was sounding so weird to him.

"Then why did you agree to go out with me if you just liked me as a friend Gabrielle?" He narrowed his eyebrows. I could tell he was already getting irratated.

"Because...you are so sweet and thoughtful a-and I just ugh I'm sorry Sebastian." I let out a heavy sigh and continued. "I know I sound really dumb right now but honestly I am so confused about some things. I don't think it's good for me to be in a relationship right now if I'm not 100 percent committed. It's not fair to you."

"It's because of that damn Chris isn't it?" Sebastian ran a hand through his hair.

I immediately looked down at the table.

"No need to say anything. Your face says it all." Sebastian remarked.

I looked up at him."I still want us to hangout together."

"As friends?" He glanced at me.

I nodded my head in agreement.

He took a sip of his drink and slouched back in his chair. "I don't know Gabrielle. It's going to be hard because feelings just don't go away overnight."

"I'm really sorry Sebastian."

He half smiled at me."It's hard to be mad at you when you look so innocent."

"I get that alot." I giggled.

"You are just a little heartbreaker." He stood up from his seat and grabbed his coffee.

"C'mon, I'll walk you to your car." Sebastian said as I stood up and locked our arms together.

We walked out to the parking lot and stopped in front of my car.

"So you don't hate me?" I joked, trying to lighten up the mood.

"I could never hate you. Just give me some time to get over this whole situation."

"Alright, sounds like a plan." I smiled and gave him a hug.

I hopped into my car and waved him a goodbye. I headed straight for Lexis's house.

~~~~~

I parked in the front and made my way to her door.

"Lexis!" I called as a knocked on the door.

The door swung open and Ace was standing there.

"Hey Gabby!" He greeted.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I smiled.

"Oh Lexis and I were chilling and watching some movies." He had a wide smile. His teeth were so damn white!

I gave him a devious grin. "You like her a bunch don't ya?" I raised my eyebrows twice.

"Is it that obvious?" He took off his glasses to clean them with his shirt real quick.

"Uh yeah! You need to ask her to the dance coming up!" I nudged his shoulder.

"Do you think she will say yes? I don't wanna get rejected!" He stepped back.

I walked inside and closed the door behind us.

"I'm pretty sure she likes you too Ace! Don't sweat it!" I smiled.

"Ace who's there?" Lexis called from upstairs.

"It's me!" I yelled to her.

She recognized my voice. "Oh hey Gabs! Come upstairs were watching movies."

Ace and I both ran upstairs to her home theatre. Lexis was laying on the reclined theatre seat and drinking a slush.

"Well don't you look relaxed!" I said as I sat in the chair next to her. Ace came in as well and sat on the other side of her.

She made a funny face at me and took a sip of her slush. "So what's been going on Gabby?"

"Well...I broke up with Sebastian a while ago." I replied.

"Damn! What happened?" She asked. Ace looked at us curiously.

I explained how I felt about Sebastian and gave them details of what happened when I told him.

"At least he was pretty cool about it." Ace said.

"Yeah. I mean at first he was ticked and I don't blame him! I feel really bad." I sighed.

"Well what happens now Gabby? Where do you go from here?" Lexis asked. Her and Ace both looked at me waiting for an answer.

Oh hell...