Chapter Sixteen

I got home and smelled food. My stomach rumbled as soon as the smell of food hit my nostrils and only then did I realise how hungry I was.

It was 7 pm and after spending the whole day with Gerald I decided to leave and give him and his dad some privacy and not be so clingy.

I walked into the kitchen and the smell of bolognese sauce hit my nose. I smiled in satisfaction.

"What you cooking?" I asked Gloria who was stirring a pot with a wooden spoon.

She smiled warmly at me. "I'm making your favourite cuisine; Italian."

I grinned. "That just adds to my good day, Glo!"

"Has Mr. Gerald woken up?" She questioned and turned her gaze from the pot to me.

"How'd you guess?"

She grinned. "Because you are radiating with joy. It's all over your face miss."

I chuckled. "Anyway you still haven't fully answered my question." I pointed out.

"Ahh yes, I have cooked spaghetti bolognese, beef ravioli and chicken lasagna." My eyes widened at her words. That was a lot of food!

"Why so much of food for tonight?"

"Didn't your brother tell you?" When I shook my head she continued. "We have a big dinner tonight, it will be Ms. Natasha and her fiancé, you and your brother and Ms. Jessica."

My nose wrinkled in disgust. Jessica and Natasha? Bleh, this was gonna suck. At least the food was good.

"So your brother requested I make a big dinner tonight and I knew how much you've been through lately so I decided to treat you to a little Italian food, Miss Victoria." I genuinely smiled at her words; that was a very kind gesture of her.

"Thanks Glo, you're the best." I flashed her a toothy grin.

She laughed lightly. "Just doing my job."

After that I walked into the living room and seen Michael and Jessica eating each other's faces off, normally I would be annoyed as hell but I was in a really good mood so I just shrugged them off and processed to the single seater, which was my seat, and plopped down.

I grabbed the TV remote and surfed the channels. The changing of channels seemed to have gotten the attention of the two 'love birds' causing them to snap their heads in my direction.

Ha! If only Jessica's neck snapped. I thought which caused a small smirk to form on my face.

"What a pleasant surprise. I haven't seen you in ages. How are you Victoria?" She said shrilly with her fake smile.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes at her and plastered a fake smile. "Oh I've been good but I'm feeling even greater now that I've seen you."

"Aww you're so sweet, Vic." She waved her hand in the air and laughed.

I scowled. I absolutely hated nicknames. "Please just call me Victoria." I told her sweetly.

"What's got you in a chirpy mood?" A masculine voice asked. I looked at Michael in shock. This has been the first time he's spoken to me in three months.

I quickly covered my shock and put on a straight face.

"What's it a crime to be in a chirpy mood?" I raised a brow.

"In your world it probably is since you're permanently moody."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Well I got my best friend back today so of course I'm happy."