Chapter treinta y siete

Hades' PoV:

I look down at Emma after feeling her move in my arms. I've been awake for hours, but didn't want to move. The sun is already up, but I don't know what time it is. I can't believe she's finally in my arms again. Those past few days without her have been lame and just uneventful. My mood hasn't been the best either.

When we came home yesterday, I was so happy to have her back, that I didn't want to ruin our night. Because our talk could end in one of two ways. One of them could be that the talk turns out to be an argument and we hurt each other again. I really hope we'll come to the other ending where we make up and finally be together.

Those feelings I felt yesterday, were real. They were always real when it came to Emma. I thought I saw the same exact feelings in her eyes when we danced. I just had to kiss her in that moment. The lyrics of that song and the situation we were in, just brought us over the top. I even shed a tear. One single tear.

Normally I wouldn't want Emma to watch me cry, because I used to be her protector. They don't cry. But I realized that's stupid. I'm a human being, I cry. Something I learned in prison too.

"Good morning." I hear her soft voice say and realize I have been staring at her, but didn't really take her sight in, just let my thoughts overcome me. I smile down at her morning face. Her messed up hair, her slightly opened eyes and those beautiful plumb lips. I wanna kiss them again.

"Morning." I answer, pulling her closer. She smiles at me and snuggles her face into the crook of my neck. I feel my heartbeat quicken when her soft lips linger on my skin there. I close my eyes and we stay like this for a few minutes.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask her, letting my hand run up and down her arm. She nods against my neck.
"Yes. You?" She answers, pulling away, so she can look up at me.

"Yes." I say and lean up to kiss her cheek. When I lean back, I smirk at her blushing face, making her roll her eyes and look away. I chuckle.

"You want breakfast?" I ask and her head snaps back to me.
"Yes please." She says and I nod and we make our way downstairs. I take her hand and lead her to the table and she sits down. I wonder where grandma-

"Hades? How was the dance yesterday?" I hear my grandma ask and turn to wait for her to come into the kitchen. I see her walking down the hallway from the living room to the kitchen. She can see me standing at the fridge, but not Emma, who's seated behind a wall.

I look at Emma, almost cracking up at her wide eyes. 'What should I do?' She mouths to me and I just shake my head. I'm not ashamed that she's here. Even if my grandma might think wrong, I want her to know that Emma's here.

"So?" She asks as soon as she stands in front of me, still not noticing Emma. I look towards Emma after holding eye contact with my grandma.
"What's wrong with you, boy?" She asks, while looking at the table.

"Oh! Hi niña. What are you doing here? I mean, you're always welcome, but-" She stops talking to look her up and down. I feel myself smirk when I realize Emma is still in my shirt. My grandma looks at me and back at Emma, mouth slightly agape.

"Uh, it's not what it looks like, Maria. I just didn't have anything to sleep in." Emma says, scowling at my smug face. I shrug and open the fridge. What should I make her? I can cook eggs. Right?

"Do you want eggs?" I ask Emma, holding up the eggs. She looks at me in disbelieve. No eggs?
"I-I-, Hades help me out." She says, blushing furiously. Grandma still hasn't said anything, but by the look on her face, she seems bemused.

"Abuela, we didn't do anything, besides kissing. And maybe a little touching on my behalf." I shrug and wink at Emma, making abuela grin and Emma hide her head behind her hands. She groans, making my grandma laugh.