Chapter 22: Shivers and Tingles

The annoying alarm in Isabella's phone ringed and she hit the snooze button while grumbling. She got out of bed and walked into her bathroom, brushed her teeth and took a nice warm shower. She changed into her pink pencil skirt which reached till her knees and a gray sleeveless top. As it was her first day to work after a long gap so she decided to put some effort into her appearance, she pulled up her hair in a high sleek ponytail and applied mascara and eyeliner and light shade of pink lipstick. Over the weekend, she visited Jessica's house, her 1 year old daughter Angela was a little bundle of joy and happiness, she was just too cute, Isabella fell in love with her the moment she saw her.

She slipped into her black heels, grabbed her bag and phone and walked downstairs in the kitchen hoping to find some cereal or jam but didn't find any, she took a mental note to go grocery shopping

She slipped into her black heels, grabbed her bag and phone and walked downstairs in the kitchen hoping to find some cereal or jam but didn't find any, she took a mental note to go grocery shopping. She decided to not have breakfast as she was lazy to cook pancakes which was the only option remaining. She heard the doorbell rang and went to open the door only to find her father with a bag of starbucks in his hand.

"Good Morning" He greeted

"Morning" Isabella greeted back as she led him inside the house.

"What are you doing here this early? It's only 7:00 am" Isabella asked as they sat down on the couch.

"I came to know from Jessica that it was the first day of your work, so I decided to bring you breakfast" He said

"Look, I told you I need time" Isabella started but was cut off by him

"I understand but who said we can't have breakfast together?" He said as he stood up and went towards the dining table and placed the bag on it.

"But- ugh fine!" Isabella huffed as she couldn't think of any comment and went into the kitchen to bring water. She ignored the fact that her father brought her food because she was too hungry at the moment and that bacon, gouda and egg sandwich was looking mouth watering.

After breakfast, Ashton offered to drop Isabella at her company but she refused his offer.

"The bus will arrive in five minutes, you don't have to drop me" Isabella said

"Fine, I'm leaving" Ashton said as he walked towards Isabella, pecked her forehead and left.

Her lips tugged upward in a smile as she shook her head and left the apartment after locking it. The bus aarived just in time as Isabella reached the stop. She got in the bus and left for work. She arrived in 15 minutes and grabbed Seth's coffee from the coffee shop before entering the building. As suspected, she heard whispers on entering the building, she went towards the reception and cleared her throat while smirking.

"Yes?" Ellie asked as she continued to type, not even glancing towards Isabella

"Ellie" Isabella said and Ellie's eyes snapped towards her as she pulled Isabella into a bone crashing hug.