20

Hi guys! Sorry for the wait, I had a serious case of writers block!
Bit of a filler chapter, but some important plot progression here!
4+ Comments, 5+ Votes for the next chapter!
Apologising in advance for any mistakes, its 2:30 a.m here! xo

*****

Adelaide watched with solemn eyes as Jace set Simon's body down onto the cold ground. It was unseasonably cold and Adelaide was fighting off the biting chill that seemed to be seeping into her bones.

Raphael stood beside her, looking entirely too comfortable considering he was in the company of three shadowhunters and a presently deceased mundane. Adelaide watched carefully as Clary closed her eyes briefly, seemingly trying to gain composure as she faced a life altering decision.

Beside her, Raphael tensed and Adelaide's eyes narrowed as a slight rustling was heard not far away from where the four had gathered. Jace whipped out a seraph blade and Adelaide reached for her own, hesitating slightly as a figure came to a halt in front of the group. Raphael was tense, sinking into a fighting stance automatically as the new threat approached them.

'What do you want?' Clary's voice held barely controlled rage.

Camille smirked, tilting her head slightly. 'I want my property back.'

'Simon is not your property!' Clary exclaimed, glancing at the boy on the ground.

'If you'll just hand him over I'll be on my way.' Camille was impatient, her eyes sliding to Adelaide, watching as she drew her seraph blade.

'You heard Clary, you're not laying a hand on him.' Jace was ready to fight if necessary and Adelaide knew that he would enjoy any sort of a confrontation should it arise.

'Fine, I tried to do this the nice way.' Camille clicked her fingers and Adelaide watched in annoyance as a group of vampires surrounded Camille, ready to do as she asked.

'Jace...' Clary breathed.

'I'm glad you brought everyone here to witness you demise.' Raphael smirked as he stepped closer to Camille and Adelaide laughed under her breath.

'Camille killed this mundane and I have all the proof. She's been breaking the accords for too long now. He's the evidence we need to show the clave what Camille has been doing.'

Camille laughed sarcastically. 'Are you trying to overthrow me?' She quirked an eyebrow in amusement.

'Oh, he's not trying to overthrow you Camille. He already has.' Adelaide smiled as Camille growled, glaring at her hatefully.

'Adelaide Renhallow, last I heard, you were dead.' Camille's lips pulled back over her teeth.

Adelaide laughed. 'Sorry to disappoint, guess I'm just not that easy to kill.'

'Wait until the clave and Valentine hear about this. We will tell them.' Camille hissed.

Adelaide laughed. 'If anyone here was going to tell the Clave or Valentine that I'm alive – they would have done it already. Face it Camille, you aren't in charge anymore. He is.' Adelaide gestured at Raphael.

'Oh please, Raphael doesn't know the first thing about leading.' Camille looked to the vampires who had moved closer to her. 'You need me, Raphael - all of you need me. I've given you everything you could want. All the riches, all the pleasures you could desire.'

'By breaking the law.' Raphael scoffed. 'Which will only destroy us.'

'We can fix this. If we just get rid of the body this mundane means nothing.' Adelaide saw the anger across Clary's face and she cussed under her breath as Clary moved forward.