Chapter 27: Merry Christmas Morgan

Waking up on Christmas morning is fun for younger kids. It means you get to tackle your parents out of bed and open gifts from Santa. Oh my gosh. My daughter is gonna do that! She's gonna ruin my precious sleep to open presents. Teenagers are similar, just less enthusiastic and no longer believe in the big guy. We still jump on our parents, and smile like loonies. But isn't that what Christmas is about? Remembering Jesus and smiling like loonies? That's my philosophy. And even though Cole broke my heart, crying can wait till another time. It's Christmas!

"Morgan!" Logan whispers and pokes my face.

"Hmmm?" I ask tiredly and open my eyes. I jump back at Logan's close proximity.

"Morgan, get up! It's Christmas!" he whispers.

"Come on baby, tell your mom, my sister, to get up!" he says to my daughter. I laugh and sit up, rubbing my eyes.

"Everyone else up?" I ask him. He shakes his head.

"I was thinking, we could wake up Ashley like you wake me up. Like, prank her." he says shyly. An evil smirk creeps onto my face.

"Come on." I say and stand, grabbing his hand before dragging him down the hall to the room where Ashley is staying. I explain the plan to him and enter the room, standing in front of the bed. We fold our hands.

"We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Good tightings be bring, to you and your kin, good tightings for Christmas and a Happy New Year " we sing. Ashley opens her eyes and Logan jumps on her.

"Get off me oaf!" Ashley complains and rolls over, causing Logan to fall on the ground.

"Ash. It's Christmas." I say to her. She shoots up and looks at me.

"Christmas?" she asks me. I nod as she gets up and runs to my Mom's room, us following.

We enter quietly and tip toe to her bed before all jumping on her.

"It's Christmas! Get up! Get up! Get up!" Ashley shouts and shakes my Mom. She opens her eyes. She nods and sits up.

"Okay, okay. I'm up." she says as we get off her. Logan grabs her arm and drags her down the steps, us following at a fast pace. My fuzzy socks causing me to slip around on the wood floors like I'm ice skating. I eventually make it to the carpet and stare at the gifts under the tree. I spot one saying

To our baby Ashley
Love, Mom and Dad

I feel bad for Ash, not being with her parents on Christmas. She's happy, but she misses her parents. They'll be here soon though.

"Okay, go ahead." My Mom says and gestures to the gifts. We all run and rip open our gifts.

I collapse on the couch happily holding my Instagram pillow (photo above). I open the first book in the Pretty Little Liars series that I got from my Mom. The first words trap me and I read for about an hour before I hear the front door open.

"Honey, I'm home!" Emily shouts from the front hall. I sigh and shut the book, putting a bookmark in and putting it back in the case with the rest.

"Hey. You ready to open your presents?" I ask her. Since she basically is family, we get her presents, and she gets us presents. She walks in with her big red sack she uses every year.

"Yes! My presents from those people who gave me life were crap!" she shouts. Emily doesn't really like her family, they're big jerks and are always gone. And when they are around, they judge her and then ignore her. But they love her sister, while she hates the little devil, and that's one of the things they dictate her on. My Mom is basically her parent, so she doesn't call them Mom and Dad. She calls my Mom, Mom.

"Hey, Emily. Those are your parents." My Mom says, entering the room with Ashley and Logan. Ash skips over to us.

"Ready to open presents?" Ashley asks and sits on the couch next to me. We all nod and we hand out presents as Em sits next to us. She hands Ashey and I our gifts and we hand ours to her before opening them.

I take lid off the box she handed me, revealing a big pink footie pajama with all the Pretty Little Liars names put in a way, so that it spells out Liars. I hug it close to me and squeal.

"Thank you Emmy!" I say and snuggle my face into it. She laughs and nods.

"No problem. But you better wear that." she says and points at me. I nod.
"I will wear it for the rest of my life." I say and hug her quickly before setting the amazing gift in the box neatly. She hands me one more bag, and does the same for Ash, who received a new copy of her favorite musical/movie 'Rent' she was very pleased. I peer into the bag and laugh. She got me potato chips. I needed more.

"I will eat these until they're gone." I say with a chuckle. She cracks up and snorts from laughter. "Good" she responds as Ashley pulls out a leather jacket she's been eyeing for a while. She looks at it like it's her lord and savior. Emily opens her gift.

I put a scrapbook together of all the good times we had over the 17 years I've known this crazy. She smiles and wipes away the tears as she hugs me tightly after looking through it.

"Thank you Morgan. This is amazing!" she says and laughs. I nod and hug her back before she pulls away and opens her gift from Ashley, which is the whole Harry Potter series. Emily was looking for new books to read, and mentioned it to Ash. We then went on a hunt and found these. She smiles and hugs Ashley.

As I sit, looking at my family. I smile. Because even if Cole marked someone else, I still have people who love me. And that, is amazing.

Hi! A chapter is up! So, how has your day been? And by the way, up above is a picture of what Morgan got. The perfume she hasn't gotten yet, but she will in the next chapter. Vote and comment, means a lot!
Kisses,😘