Ch•8- The God of Obliviousness

A/N: Thank you all for 66k reads! I hope you're enjoying these stories as much as I enjoy writing them. And please, feel free to check out my others stories if you're interested! I love you all very much <33

 And please, feel free to check out my others stories if you're interested! I love you all very much <33

"What is it?" I asked as Fury paced down the hallway to the main control room. I followed after, trying to keep up with my short legs. He turned the corner so sharply that I almost missed it. I skid to a halt, my breath heavy.

"Come on now kid, we don't have much time!" He called over his shoulder to me. I groaned and began to run after him and didn't stop until we were side by side. Wow he can really walk fast.

"What's going on?" I asked breathlessly as we entered the main room. Thor, Natasha, Captain America, and the brunette lady who is known as Agent Hills stood in the room. I looked awkwardly at all of them.

Nick stood at the opposite side of the table across from me "I need you to do something for me Jessica" he started.

"Oh... okay" I said hesitantly, not knowing what to expect from this super spy.

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to" Natasha added reassuringly. I rocked back on my heels nervously. What was he going to ask of me?

"So... what?" I asked again, becoming slightly agitated with this lack of information.

"We need someone to go down to Loki's cell" Natasha started, I felt my throat tighten up at the mention of that maniacs name "and gather whatever information they can get. A plan, motivation, anything that we could use to figure this guy out"

"Um, okay, have fun" I said to Natasha.

"Nick would like you to go" Captain America said, standing up from his chair to walk closer to me. I watched him with confused eyes.

"M-me? Why?"

"Because, if you went" Steve paused by my side "then it would be less suspicious"

I folded my arms across my chest, not fully understanding this plan "I still don't understand, how would I make something less suspicious?".

"If one of us went, he would more then likely know what we're trying to do, which is manipulate him, and then things wouldn't go well" Natasha explained "But, if you went, and if you acted like a curious naive girl, then he would unknowingly cooperate"

"Ohh" I nodded "I... I guess that makes sense" I can be curious and naive.

"You up for it?" Steve asked. He sounded like a parent who was talking to their kid. At least someone cares about me. Where is Dad right now anyway? Does he even know about this plan and how it involves me?

I smiled, ready to take on this task. My heart was beating out of my chest, but I wanted to do this. It was as if I was some kind of SHIELD agent! A very little and very young agent "Will I get paid for this?"