Grandpa Allen: Back in a Flash

Crime within Central City spiked immensely for the few weeks following Barry losing his powers. A solution was in play, though it wasn't the solution Harry, and Parker secretly, wanted. Cisco constructed a makeshift resolution; a hologram, or as he referred to it: The Flash Video Game.

Readying Barry for a crime run, he and Parker stood on the treadmill in the next room, applying the glowing blue motion sensors onto his body. Their conversation about ordering Chinese or Indian takeout ceased when they heard Cisco's voice through the cracked door. 

"Oh, Iris, hey," they heard, "The happily married couple are in the next room. We're chasing down criminals."

"How can I help?" asked Iris.

"We've got it!" called Parker.

"Play nice," warned Barry.

"I am playing nice," insisted Parker, hopping from the treadmill, "Start stretching."

"...but feel free to stick around and watch the spectacular fingers of Cisco Ramon," he was saying.

"Phrasing?" called Parker.

"Yeah, maybe," he admitted. 

Parker adjusted the GPS screen and the camera attached to the treadmill. She aligned it to his eye line. She then slipped into the clear windowed lab facing the treadmill. She took a seat on the computer desk, watching Barry stretch out his limbs. 

"Get ready! High speed chase heading south on Milton Ave.!" yelled Cisco. 

Barry stood straight. He started to run. The treadmill track jolted into place under his feet.

"Oh! Oh, you wanna play? Okay! Get ready to bring it!"

"They're not slowing down," said Iris.

"Of course not!" panted Barry tiredly.

"They're headed for the Fifth street tunnel! Satellite can't project in there!" warned Cisco.

"What, you just thought of this now?" asked Iris.

"Okay, I didn't think he'd actually try to outrun the Flash!" he defended.

"Lightning! Lightning toss!" said Barry. 

Parker tilted her head. "It's a hologram, remember?"

"Just..." whined Barry, defeated, flopping his arm about suggestively.

"The wind-up?" suggested Parker.

"So we can block their field of vision, yes, of course!" agreed Cisco, "All right, Cisco, this is where all those countless hours of gaming in your basement are about to pay off. fingers, don't fail me now... Leerooooooy!"

Seconds later, Barry came to a stop so quickly he tripped over the treadmill. He didn't make a noise when he was thrown to the floor. 

Parker pushed a wheeled chair into the room. She knelt beside him, peeling the patches from his clothes. She tossed them on the treadmill.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Breathe. You did really well, I promise," she encouraged, "I'm so proud of you for being athletic. That's something I could never do."

Barry climbed into the chair. Parker pushed him into the Cortex.

"How are you?" asked Cisco.

"I need a breather," panted Barry.

Iris nodded knowingly. "I didn't think this hologram thing was going to work, but so far, so good," she praised. 

"I figured if they could get Tupac rapping again at a concert, we could definitely get the Flash running around Central City again," said Cisco.