Seventy Two || Abandon

My eyes widen. The one time that I send James to go do something and I need him. For God's sake! I have no idea what I am supposed to do right now. Do I let her in? Or do I tell her that he's out? I have no idea! He has to be back in like five minutes. I will just let her in. 

"Um, yes, come in," I motion her to come in, avoiding her eyes. This woman is the person that is some sort of drug lord and has abandoned James since he found her. Well, that is as far as I know. 

She nods and steps inside, pulling her jacket closer to her body. "When will he be back?" she asks bluntly. 

I look at her, her sharp eyes staring back at me. Jesus, it's like this woman is trying to take my soul. 

"Soon," I reply walking into the living room, hearing her follow me. 

"Gathering from your bitchy attitude, I'm going to say that you Vena?" she comments snarky like. 

Oh, so this is how it's going to be. "Just tell me why you are here," I turn off the TV. 

She scoffs and was about to say something, but the door opens, revealing James with a box in his hands. 

As soon as he sees us he drops the box and his face goes from surprised to freaked out to angry in a matter of seconds. 

"James! What the hell?!" I shout at him. Why the hell would drop something so valuable to my stomach. Jesus.

I grab the cupcakes from his feet and he walks right past me and towards his sister. "Why the fuçk are you here?! I told you not to come here!" he shouts at her as I lift the box up. 

What on earth is going on here?

"Well, what the hell was I supposed to do? You weren't answering any of my calls!" 

He signals for her to stop, "Would you just shut your loud mouth?!" 

She cackles a laugh, "Oh, that is just rich, she doesn't know," she laughs through her words, quite dryly, might I add. 

"Get out, get out now!" he shoos her towards the door. 

She laughs, "Oh, you are so pathetic," she opens the door and slams it behind her. What the hell is this?!

I need some answers now or I am going to lose it completely. 

"James?" I ask only a second after she shut the door. 

"No, Vena. I can't talk about this right now," he starts to walk away from me into his bedroom. 

I follow him, "What are you talking about? You can tell me."

He turns around and looks at me with an expression that I have never seen on his face before. So much that I cannot recognize any meaning behind it. 

"No, Vena, I can't."

My eyes widen at him, "What? Did someone put an invisible piece of Ducktape over your mouth?"

He runs his hand through his hair in clear frustration. "Don't test me right now. You know what I mean. I just can't tell you." he sits down on his bed. 

"Why? Am I not supposed to be the person that you tell things to, or does that just not apply to us?" I say out of anger. I regret it immediately. I can't actually be mad until he tells me what is going on. 

I shake my head and sit down beside him, "Sorry, I'm just frustrated."

He turns and looks at me with great astonishment. 

"Are you kidding me, Vena?! You're frusturated? How do you have any right to even say that. Oh! Poor Vena. 'My family has never been split up, but they are so annoying. I'm beautiful, but not more than the next girl," he mocks me with words I have never said. "You think these are problems? You need a reality check! You can't just act like everything is so terrible for you when everything is fine, you just can't. Don't act fuçking fake, Vena. It irritates the shit of me," he shouts at me.