t w o

[unedited]

I vaguely heard someone screaming at me from somewhere far away. It was barely there. But in the hazy state of sleep I was right now, I didn't really think twice about it. I sighed and switched my position to the side, but stopped as soon as a mind-numbing pain slashed through my left side. What the heck?

I suddenly jumped on my seat and my hazy state gone wide awake, my senses came crawling back to me. I subconsciously lifted my hand and touched the wound on my left arm. I winced in pain.

Looking to my left and right, I realized I'd fallen asleep and was still in the bus. I sat up straight. Someone was grudgingly standing beside me with a gruff.

"Hey kid! You need to go." A guy with a balding head waved his hand on my face, seemingly annoyed. I looked him over, and realized he was the driver. I hurriedly stood up and apologize for the inconvenient, handing him a few bucks- even though it was free- and get out of the bus.

I walked over to the bus stop and sat down on the bench, sweeping my gaze around the area and saw that I was in downtown New York. Or more likely, I was at W. 38th Street.

I unzipped my leather jacket and tore the end of my shirt to stop the bleeding on my left arm. The left arm of my jacket was torn apart from the bullet.

Damn it, this was my favorite leather jacket.

I slowly moved my injured arm, hissing at the pain as I tied the shirt around my wound. As soon as I finished tying it up around my left arm, the white shirt suddenly soaked up in red. Great, now I smell like blood too. I hated it.

I checked the small stainless steel watch on my wrist, the slim silver hour hand showed me it was already past midnight.

01:45 AM.

I learned my surroundings. But I couldn't seem to take my mind off of things. My thoughts were filled with the break-in a few hours ago. I need to do something. There was no way in hell that they would let me go. They wouldn't stop looking for me. They wouldn't hesitate to chase me all the way to the end of the world if they need to. It was what they were. They took matters seriously into their hands. The Agostinelli family left no loopholes, no mistakes, no clumsiness. Or else, they wouldn't have made it this far. I knew deep down in my heart I was already dead.

I couldn't pay the debt back, unless I magically turned into a millionaire in a spun of a night. And that was impossible. The deal he offered me played back in my head.

You will come to me willingly, and I will forget about the debt.

Maybe if I agreed I wouldn't have to be like this. I would definitely won't stressing over the matter.

Are you seriously considering yourself to be a whore, Veigh? I raised you better than that. I heard my mom's familiar voice scolded me at the back of my mind.

Yeah I knew that came out wrong but at least I didn't agree to his offer like some cheap woman, right? Selling my body to pay back the debt was not an answer. I was not that kind of woman. I would rather die than see that day came to live. But what was I suppose to do now? I barely had anything. I didn't have a family. But wasn't that something to be grateful for? Because I'd had nothing to lose.

What about Ed? My mind suddenly interrupted. He is a family to you, right Veigh?

Shit.

How could I forgot about him? Panic suddenly encircled my heart.

But my body suddenly relaxed again when I realized that, that man was as sneaky as a fucking alligator when it came to hiding. Nobody would catch him if he didn't want to be caught.