7: I need a Friend/ Contest

Important author's note at the end

When I arrived the party, it was a typical high school parties, so cliché.

Why couldn't they try something different like play slow, quiet music instead of extremely loud disturbing ones. Have sober teenagers doing something else, than hormonal teenagers making out. And basically water instead of alcohol, then that wouldn't be a party, would it?

Definitely not.

I guess the concert was over because I arrived pretty late, meaning I missed Nathan's singing but I really don't care. Watching a teenager pour out all his soul or more likely rock out all his soul to a guitar was pretty much not my thing. So I'm quite glad I missed it.

Just then I felt someone sling his hands around my shoulders, the person reeked of alcohol and it really irritated and  disgusted me. I really felt like slapping the drunk demons out of this person.

"You came after all" the person said and I whipped his hands of my shoulder only to find out that it was Kess. He was drunk, I could tell from the way he slurred his words.

"Come on, lets dance" he picked up my hands but I retreated them from him immediately. Hey dude! Take it easy.

"You don't wanna dance?" He asked innocently and I shook my head.

"Not with a drunk ass like you"

"Don't worry pumpkin, when I'm sober I'll surely dance with you"

Pumpkin? Where did that come from? From his drunk mouth.

I just ignored him and walked away. I began to observe the place, there were a lot of seniors here from our school and other nearby schools as well, and it was a pretty big house to accommodate this much people. I looked over at the other side of the house and I spotted Eric and Chelsea making out, all this sloppy disgusting kisses that I hate the most.
I wonder if they actually dating, well I don't think so Chelsea would have been ringing it in my ears all afternoon.

I walked to the kitchen to see if I could get a drink because I badly needed one. The whole episode with my dad earlier this evening was still playing in my head and I wanted to forget about it, like have an immediate amnesia. If that was possible.

I found some drinks in the fridge, they were of different varieties. I saw some soda, beer and others I can't start listing now. I took a beer can, I popped it open and drank the contents with reckless abandon, I was so thirsty.

I dropped the empty can on the floor and wiped my lips feeling satisfied, then I popped open another one taking it slower this time.

"For a girl, I never knew you drank so much" I heard someone say behind me, the voice sounded quite familiar but that's the thing I don't have store anyone's voice in my head because they don't mean anything to me, but then turned around to find Nathan smirking at me.

"I was thirsty" I told him taking a huge gulp of my drink

"I wasn't expecting you here"

"Me neither" I said

"You weren't expecting yourself here?"

"Something like that" I said immediately and he chuckled.

"Do you wanna go outside for a while?" he asked me.

"Why?" I asked back totally finishing the drink in my hand and popping another one open, ignoring the weird look from Nathan. I don't care what he thinks.