Chapter 39

Hello earthlings! Important note at the end of the chapter :) Enjoy reading!

Chapter 39

My front collided with his solid body and I exhaled softly. I let my arms go limp around his waist as he hauled me up so that his nose touched my neck. I had absolutely no strength but I had never been so happy and content to be in his arms again.

He came for me.

"You had me so worried," he whispered, his voice muffled with his head in the crook of my neck. My body shivered at the sound of him and I couldn't stand on my legs anymore. In a swift movement, Blake cradled me into his arms and a bed sheet was wrapped around my bruised body.

His dark blue eyes flickered to meet mine and I smiled weakly, "You're here."

The corner of his lips quirked up and he held me tighter, "I'll always be."

For the longest moment, we just stared at each other. Me, with no strength and him, holding me. I didn't ever want to part with those eyes nor leave those arms- I just wanted to stay there, frozen in space and peaceful.

The sound of the door creaking broke our stare and Blake's eyes lifted up.

"Alpha, the police have arrived," Chris's voice reverberated loud and clear.

"I'll be there shortly," Blake nodded.

"Is- is the Luna alright?" He asked softly.

I turned my head slightly towards him and smiled, "Just peachy,"

Chris's head shot up in surprise and he grinned, "You're definitely fine," then he turned to Blake, "I'll be down."

The door shut with a click and I found myself all alone with Blake again.

"Hayley..." He started but then stopped. His eyes darted towards me and flashed with pain.

"What is it?" I frowned.

"You promised."

"Promised?" I lifted my head up questioningly.

"You promised that you wouldn't ever leave me."

My eyes widened. I had promised and I broke it, "Oh," I could only manage to say.

"Do you- do you know how it felt when I woke up to see you gone?" His jaw tightened and his eyes flashed in anger and betrayal.

My heart squeezed, "I-I'm sorry, you wouldn't have let me go."

"Of course I wouldn't have- I mean look at your current state!" He growled.

"H-he threatened to attack Mia and your family- of course I had to go!" I snapped back, feeling the growing anger and pain rise.

"You could have told me," he hissed.

"You would have exploded in anger and run right into his trap. He was going to order his men to kill you- they were already surrounding the house," I glared.

"I don't give a fuck! If I had to die to prevent you from being in t-this state then I would do it a thousand times! Do you hear me? A thousand times!" His grip tightened on my back and my eyes widened.

"Then I'm never going to tell you when I'm in danger because I'm the one who would rather die instead of living without you!"

"No- I will not let you risk your life for me! It's my job."