5. Alive

It was morning again and for the first time in his school career Jae was late. It drizzled, he was in a bad mood after another morning argument with his mum, so for the first time he felt it doesn't matter, if he comes in time. He stopped next to a puddle and watched how the sneaker was getting dirty and wet in the mud.

"Hi Jae!" someone shouted his name so he looked up to find a happy Taeyong on the other side of the street. "Are you late?" Taeyong crossed the road and hurried to him, so Jae lowered his head.

He was caught doing only weird things by his crush... wait... idol.

"What, something's wrong?" Taeyong grabbed the sleeve of his hoodie.

But Jae shook his head.

"Let's skip school," proposed the rapper.

"No," Jae imagined all the affairs his parents would make.

"So let's go for a party after school," Taeyong's eyes glittered.

"I can't," Jae shook his head.

"Can you stay late at friends?" asked Taeyong.

"At Doyoung's," muttered Jae.

"Great that's the official version, Bunny will cover for us," Taeyong smiled. "Now come, we're already late," he took Jae's sleeve and pulled the boy towards the building.

It was around 8 p.m. and the sky darkened in the twilight when Jae got into a taxi with Taeyong. His heart was hammering loud and he was barely able to breath,  for the first time in his life he was doing something illegal, something his parents had no idea about, and it was exciting. The cab started and Jae felt he's toes are shivering, the feeling of freedom made him nervous, but it was also amazing to do whatever he wanted to do, without asking for permission.

He knew the punishment will come, because life worked this way, but right now he enjoyed the moment. 'Carpe diem' - the latin phrase played on replay in his mind like a song.

"Excited," Taeyong glanced at him and Jae nodded.

The night city was flashing behind the windows and Taeyong got sad. He seemed quiet and nostalgic, but to Jae he looked pettier then ever, and the boy admired his friend's features.

He couldn't imagine Taeyong is next to him for real, while they are driving into the night for a party.

"I know the club owner so we don't need ID's, the record company pays for all the drinks," Taeyong was still focused on the view behind the window.

"Oh," Jae nodded, he has never drank alcohol so he hoped for some soft drinks.

His parents would kill him.

"Aff... you sad?" whispered Jae looking at Taeyong and the boy smiled to himself.

"It's just the after sunset nostalgia, happens each evening," Taeyong bit his lip.

"Oh," Jae decided to not to ask any more questions so they stayed quiet, till the cab stopped next to a huge club building.

Taeyong paid, they walked towards the long queue in front of the door, but Jae's companion turned right to the vip entrance.

"TY man, where were you?" A bodyguard tapped Taeyong's shoulder.

"I was busy," the rapper smiled bright. "That's my friend Jae," he pointed at the boy, who bowed down shyly.

"Jump in before the paparazzi and fangirls catch you," the man opened the door and Taeyong walked inside.

Jae needed a moment, before he stepped into the dark entrance. Inside a long corridor ended on a balcony, with a view over the club. The lights were mad, steam and smoke mixed in the air and the beat was jamming in each bone. Hundreds of people were moving on the dance floor and Jae couldn't adjust to the noise and craziness.

"This way!" Taeyong shouted into his ear , so Jae nodded taking a path around the balconies to wide stairs, that lead on the lower floor.

Some girls waved to them, so Jae moved closer to Taeyong feeling uncomfortable. They reached the dance floor and Taeyong smiled before jumping to a free spot between the crowd, where he started a crazy routine. Jae stopped, soon he was hit by a dancing guy, so he moved a step, but a heel went straight into his foot, resigned he walked back to the stairs, and stopped at the bottom admiring  Taeyong's movements. Moments later pretty girls surrounded the dancing boy, who never seemed to notice, but Jae felt a painful pinch in his stomach.

He tried to look away, but there was nothing else to focus on, so he felt like running.

Suddenly the music went quiet and the DJ grabbed a microphone.

"I've heard TY is the house!" he shouted and the crowd applauded.

"TY!" they started to chant his nickname and Taeyong smiled.

He made his way through the dance floor to a stage next to the DJ, where he was given a microphone.

"Hello, hello, TY here! I've heard the best party in town is in this club! Let's rock!" he shouted to the mic, while the DJ made a beat to his freestyle.

The people stopped dancing and crowded next to the stage, while Jae moved up the stairs to a free balcony, to get a better view. It seemed that Taeyong had forgotten his existence, while he rhymed through the song making the club wild.

"Who knows the song 'Alive', from my album 'Broken Confession'?" asked Taeyong and a lot of hands were lifted.

Thank you for all the lovely feedback. It's so amazing to know you like the story :)

Here's the bonus chapter :D

<3