CHAPTER 6

At 7:00 that morning, we prepared for our next mission. There was a slight drizzle as our ship was refueled. Captain Evan and another cruiser were my escort. The night before we had gotten to know each other.

He has two sisters, one older than him, and one younger than him. He was found to be skilled in being a captain. But since he never designed his own ship, he was stuck with whatever they had. Our next mission was to eliminate the destroyer called the Bismarck 2.

The Bismark 2 was a modified blueprint of the original Bismark. It had thicker armor, bigger guns, longer hull, and now could fly. It was almost the exact same size of my ship. A bit larger. It was docked somewhere on the German coast. Our trio would meet up with an aircraft carrier, and some tough looking battleships. Our plan was to wait for it to go alone while another squad took out the back-up and left the super destroyer alone and helpless.

A few days later, we waited in the fog as the Bismark 2 sailed slowly out to sea. Without warning, it banked right and started climbing. Just before the airplanes could start up, I signaled the carrier to stop. I told every other ship to wait for me. I increased thrust and sailed far behind it. Careful to match it's speed, I followed about a mile away. Something was up, and I wanted to find out where it was going.

It kept a gradual incline as it moved over mountains and rivers. I saw it enter a huge area filled with clouds. Slowing down, the ship penetrated the strange gathering of clouds.

I had flown through clouds of all types except storm clouds. These clouds we like none I had ever seen. They were thick and smelled like chemicals. A cloud of exhaust? I walked over to Joey and the radar. I left Michael to steer. I could see the Bismark 2 ahead using the radar. Suddenly, a triangle of planes flew overhead on the radar. More planes. Small ships. More planes. Bigger ships. More planes. More planes. Huge ships. A giant mass in the center.

"Stop! Reverse! Abort mission! Call backup!" It was too late. As the ship slowed to a crawl, the front broke the inner wall of clouds. It was like a donut of clouds. A huge clear hole in the center. Dozens of ships. Hundreds of fighters. And then, a giant floating thing in the center. The island was armed to the teeth with guns. It was kept aloft by ten huge propellers and kept in place by numerous huge chains going down thousands of feet to the earth. Too late. The Bismark 2 started turning around. As our ship started to reverse, I yelled one thing: "Fire at will!" The guns exploded and hit their mark on the huge ship. We had caught it broadside. It was halfway turned around, making it a gigantic target. It was clearly not prepared to fight, as it has not shot at all yet.

Just then Abigail ran into the bridge.

"They said they're on their-" CRASH! One of the windows exploded inwards. We all hit the floor to protect ourselves.

"Abby?" I said. An anti-aircraft bullet had hit her in the shoulder after going through the window.

"Get the medical supplies!" Michael yelled.

I ran to the wheel and reduced lift. The ship started falling towards the earth. As I suspected, the Bismark 2 was also dropping to shoot at us. Doing a half barrel roll to turn us 180 degrees, We were just a thousand feet from the mountains below. I reduced all lift, and the ship started to fall like a stone to the mountains and valleys below.