Bride and Groom (3)

This isn't the final chapter of Bride and Groom dw. Also, I wanna say thank you for 45.1k reads! That's insane! I'm so glad I kept writting in the first few weeks of this book because back then I had maybe a few hundred reads and now I feel like we have more of a community here! That's really cool. Anyway, enjoy this next chapter:

------------

"Amy, I-" What could I say? There was no way to get out of this, "I-I-" I couldn't even form a sentence.

"You know what!" Amy's voice was almost angry through the suppressed tears, "I didn't want you here at first, Y/N. Not at all."  I bite my lip nervously, "You're only here because Mark really wanted you to be a part of this and I know how close you two are so I said OK. Not for you, but for him. This was going to be a lovely day with the three people who have supported me the most these past years, and frankly, you just haven't been there. "

"What are you talking about?" I uttered hoarsely.

"I'm talking about every single diner and party Mark and I have invited you to that you were 'too busy' to come to. Even our fucking engagement party! How  important to you is your work that you would miss every opportunity to see me for it? Do I matter at all to you?"

"I can't miss work-" I tried to find an excuse, juttering over my words.

"But that's just my point!" Amy yelled, "You can and you have. When Mark got Chica, you rushed around right away to meet her! When he needed someone to film Him, Matt and Ryan, you drove for an hour just to help out. Why am I any less important?" She was silent for a second, staring right through me with so much pain in her eyes. I dropped my head.
I felt Signe shuffle nervously on the bed next to me and no one said a word.

"I'm sorry." I breathed, "I didn't mean to make you feel deserted." I looked up to see Amy's expression soften slightly.

"11 years, Y/N." She sighed, "I don't want that to go to waste." She dropped her head and looked up at me with her round doe eyes. I stood and fiddled with the hem of my skirt nervously.

"What time is it?" Signe attempted to change the subject, looking to the other brides maids.
"Half 11." One of them replied and Amy lifted her head.

"Oh my goodness! We better set off then, eh?" Amy chirped up and smiled. I was relieved that she hadn't been too angry, more so at Signe than to me. I didn't want Signe to get into trouble because of me.
Amy quickly checked her reflection in the mirror- perfection- before grabbing her white silk purse and skipping out of the hotel room, followed closely by her two 'hench-maids' carrying her trail and flowers. Signe and I were left for a moment to exchange a glance.

Signe breathed out dramatically, her eyes wide and urgent. I nodded, agreeing, and followed her to the car waiting outside.

At the bottom of the marble steps leading up to the grand hotel doors was a pristine, white Rolls Royce Phantom. Standing proudly in front of it was the smartly dress chauffeur, who beamed and held out his hand for Amy. Her and the two brides maids fitted into the car and Amy looked out to Signe and I.
"Oh no! There's meant to be more room than this..." She exclaimed worriedly
"Don't worry Amy! Y/N and I will get a cab." Signe said speedily and Amy agreed, closing the door and driving away. Signe waved until they had disappeared before quickly spinning to face me. Grabbing my hand she darted across the busy road, pulling me closely behind.

"Woh! Where are we going?" I yelled as she weaved us in and out of the passing LA traffic, "Signe, we need to get a cab!" We reached the other side of the road and she turned to me grinning.

"We're not getting a cab." She smirked

"What? Why?"

"I'm getting a drink and you are going to tell me what's going on."