Planning and Catching

It was currently the next morning after Harry, Draco, Ron, and Hermione's epic escape from Hogwarts. Everyone was congregated in the dinning room, eating breakfast and reading the Daily Prophet.

"Look at this. It looks like Dolores took over the Ministry." Draco said. He showed everyone the paper.

"Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. At least Voldemort isn't the minister." Hermione added.

The morning wasn't very social. Once everyone was done eating, they went to the Black Library to research.

"Harry, what did you use to destroy the diary when you were in the Chamber of Secrets?" Hermione asked, flipping through some pages.

"The Basilisk's fang." Harry replied monotonously. Ron spoke up.

"Didn't that little poem that the Sorting Hat say talk about the sword being made from gold and venom?" Ron pointed out. He turned to Hermione. "Hermione, how can a Basilisk be killed?"

Hermione answered dully, "A Basilisk is killed by its venom-" Hermione's eyes grew larger at the realization. "You kill a Basilisk with its venom! That means the sword was made with Basilisk venom! We can use the sword to destroy the horcruxes!" Hermione yelled in excitement. Everyone smiled and laughed at the easy solution. Harry thought for a moment.

"I don't think I can pull the sword out of the hat anymore." Harry said. "Sure, maybe when I was younger, but I've rebelled against Dumbledore over the years. I don't think its possible for me to pull the sword out of the hat." Harry commented. Harry smiled. "But I do know who can! Neville! He was always loyal to Dumbledore. All we have to do is break him out of Hogwarts, bring him the hat, and he can pull the sword out. Voldemort won't know the sword's even gone." Harry cheered.

"How are we supposed to break him out? We don't know the password to Dumbledore's office. And we would be killed on sight if any death eaters saw us on the grounds." Draco pointed out.

"Not if they can't recognize us." Hermione said, a mischievous grin wipes her face. "We can grab a couple low level death eaters off of the grounds, tie them up somewhere hidden, turn into them, and just waltz into the castle."

"But how are we going to get into Dumbledore's office unseen?" Harry asked. They all thought for a moment.

"Well, we both have wings. How about we first grab Neville, then one of us lures Voldemort out of the room, then we bust through the window, get the sword, and fly out." Draco suggested.

"Its a bit messy, don't you think?" Ron said. "What if something happens, or if we can't lure him out of the office."

"Then we're screwed." Harry said simply.

"Well is there a secret entrance into Hogwarts that no one knows about?" Hermione asked. Harry reached for the bottomless bag, and pulled out his Marauders Map.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Harry said. The Map showed everyone.

"Neville is here." Harry pointed to the dungeons. "Shit." Harry cursed. Harry looked at the secret passages. "There are death eaters in all of the passages. Voldemort must have told them about the tunnels." Harry said. "So that means we can't use the passages. We are going to have to sneak in with a disguise, grab Neville, and break through the window. And if we break through the window, we might as well just take the hat as well." Harry resolved. "Mischief managed." He tapped the map with his wand.

"I think we need Remus's help on this. We also need an Auror to help us catch 5 death eaters." Hermione said.

"You're right, Hermione. I'll send a Patronus to Remus and Moody. They said they wanted to help, so this is there chance." Harry stood up, casted a Stag, and watched it leap away. Everyone made their way to the living room, and waited for their arrival.