Monsoon Session-Scout X Child!Reader

Thanks for the request sorry I couldn't find your name... again ^_^'

---------------------------------------------

Monsoon Session

Scout X Child!Reader

--------------------------------------

          It was another rainy monsoon season at the base of Teufort, and little 4-year-old (y/n) was having a hard time sleeping because of it. She wasn't afraid of lighting or thunder, oh no she wasn't scared of anything except for Soldier, he was too load. (y/n) shook her small head and grumbled under her breath as she pulled the covers off herself. The time glowed 12:36 a.m, after reading this the little girl pretty much lost it, but she's only 4 shouldn't little kids have a bunch of energy even if they get only 3 hours of sleep.

           Not for this little munchkin, she gets tired to easily this is because (y/n) was found by Scout not far from the base by a somewhat large waterhole covered by tall grass and trees. The small girl was living with a small family of wombats. (Your probably thinking what the hell does this have to do with being tired will I'm about to tell you.) Wombats are slothful creatures and often sleep most of their lives, and little (y/n) was living with them for; at least Scout think 2 years, ever since she was three, that's when she was found.

          When Scout took her back to the base, he noticed she couldn't see out of one eye. Every time she turned towards the right she wouldn't see a chair or table and would bonk right into it.

          The little girl was bruised for a year and would often have small fits about how she wasn't able to see out of her right eye. Slowly she started to learn her surroundings on her right and gradually stopped running into things which made not only little (y/n) happy but Scout happy as well. (But enough about your past lets get back to reality shall we.)

          "It's too late for dis." (y/n) mumbled as she crawled out of bed and towards her door. She twisted the doorknob and opened her door slowly not wanting the old hinges to moan and grown like they normal do but unfortunately...

*~Squeak, creek, craawn~*

          (y/n) flinched and quickly removed her hands from the door her (e/c) eye and blind eye were both shut tight as she waited for one of the merces to walk out of their room and scold her, but nobody came. Giving a small sigh of relief (y/n) opened her door wide enough so she could slip through and tipped towed down the hall towards Scouts room.

          The young girl could hear snoring coming from Heavy's room, and it was so loud that it bounced off the walls and echoed down the hall making (y/n)'s small head hurt. Actually, snoring was coming from Soldiers room, Demo's room, and Engie's room as well.

          "Does evy one hera snore?" The small girl asked herself as she continued to walk down the long hall, her little sock covered feet making small pitter patter noises.

          Young (y/n) stopped as a flash of lightning shot through the windows, she jumped when the thunder boomed over the Australian desert. She covered her ears and waited for the load boom to stop, and when it did she gave a small sigh of frustration, but the pitter patter of the rain hitting the windows soothed her and her frustrations.

          (y/n) had taken two giant steps and was standing in front of Scouts door. The small girl gulped and slowly lifted her hand toward the doorknob turning it slowly. When she had entered Scout room, her heart had skipped a beat when she saw the sleeping Scout.

          His brown brunette hair was sticking up in different places mostly the top, and he was wearing what looked to be a navy blue or black t-shirt but too was too dark to tell, and having one eye to see, didn't really help. His blankets were sprawled all over the bed as if he were too hot to have them on. Scout turned over making his left hand falling over the side of the bed. This made (y/n) freeze stiff, but he didn't wake up, and when she finally knew that she calmed down and walked deeper into Scouts room.

          She was now standing next to Scouts bed pondering on what to do next, she then hit her fist on her hand and slowly and carefully crawled up onto Scout's bed. She was careful not to wake him as her light body slowly crawled over Scout and laid down next to him.

          (y/n) closed her eyes getting ready to sleep when Scout turned again, but this time instead of his hand falling over the side of the bed he grabbed little (y/n) and pulled her close to his chest as if she were a teddy bear. She dare not move a single muscle not wanting to wake the running boy, and to her wishes, he didn't wake up.

          'Thank you God,' (y/n) thanked as she slowly started to fall asleep.

          The rain hitting the base and the steady breathing of Scout was too much for (y/n) and quickly fell into a deep slumber against Scouts warm chest.  

-------------------------------------

          Well this is one of my more shorter stories, but whatever. Hope you liked it.