Ill Protect You Too

Claire's POV

It was Atticus.

My thought process froze, happiness and relief are snaking their way onto my face.

Claire, baby, are you okay?! Where are you? He asks, his rough deep voice on edge. He sounds so desperate and worried, it makes my heart squeeze. I let out a shaken breath.

I don't know where I am- some type of jail or experiment lab? All I know is that crazy Doctor- Flintstone like the cereal- brought me here. They injected me with something- I was blacked out for a while and met a little girl, she's real, but-- I come to abrupt stop in my rambling as large drops of tears slide down my face.

None of that made sense to you, did it? I ask him, eyes closing. I try to pull my thoughts together, and try to form an accurate way to explain what is happening.

Not really, no. But I'm trying to understand. He says, and I can tell that he's running his large hands through his hair right now. It's what he does when he's stressed. My main priority at this moment is to make sure you're okay. Are you hurt? Can you describe your surroundings? He asks, and I can tell he's trying to make sure he doesn't sound weak. I smile and open my eyes.

I'm fine. They did some tests in me- but nothing I can't handle. I say. I take a moment to observe everything.

It's a standard room. Or box of a sort. I know I'm naked, on a metal slab, and chained down. The walls are also made out of metal, to try to keep me in. I can't break it, but I sure as hell can melt it. But they don't know that yet. The doctors and scientists from hell I mean.

I know that there's a door made out of gold- and that they only way to make it open is to put an authorized persons hand on the detector. There's no windows, but there's bright lights beaming down everywhere, so this room isn't dark at all.

I'm naked and shivering, the metal slab is cold. Everything in this room seems cold.

I tell Atticus exactly what I see.

He seems to be force out an answer.

Why would they need you naked? He asks, heat being sent down our bond. I feel it, and it helps my fire start up again.

I feel so small, like a scared puppy or child.

I don't know. I say. Hopefully for testing only. They're going to come back soon and find out what power I have.

And you say the doctor that took you goes by the name Flintstone? Like that cartoon? He asks.

Cereal. I correct. I'm actually not sure if that's really how you pronounce his name. I made fun of it so much that it kind of stuck. Him and that Celmira chick. They took me. I say, not wanting to leave any details out. I tense as I hear him quiet on the other side.

Sweetheart- he starts, he sounds pained. Almost like he feels sorry on my part.

I think I know where you are. I knew I shouldn't have brought you back- it's the bond. I just can't- I couldn't leave you- he's scrambling to explain something to me. I feel questions on my mind and interrupt him.

Huh? Is what I say. That was the most unintelligent thing that I've said all day.

None of that made sense to you, did it? He asks, repeating what I had said to him minutes back.