Chapter Three | Dangerous Secrets

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED/COMPLETELY REWRITTEN)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Never Be Alone by Shawn Mendes

Take a piece of my heart,

And make it all your own,

So when we are apart,

You'll never be alone.

When you miss me close your eyes,

I may be far but never gone.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

          CHAPTER THREE DANGEROUS SECRETS

      I STRAY FAR BEHIND him, occasionally stopping at a corner shop to admire tiny trinkets in order to not raise suspicion. I stay far enough, blending in the shadows so that he cannot sense me, but near enough for me to follow him yet still hear him. I pause, and strike up a conversation with a tour guide, while spotting him stare at a restaurant at the corner of my eye. He enters the brightly lit bar and I hastily bid my goodbye's to the guide and stand outside Rousseau's, staring at it in apprehension. An antique card hangs from the metal pipes at the top,  painted with flaking gold paint: Rousseau's Bar and Restaurant. This is the place where the other Devereaux witch works, apparently.

      I chew my lower lip in apprehension. I had to be exceedingly smart about this: I was not fooling some ten-year younger vampire. This was Niklaus Mikaelson, the most powerful of his Original siblings. I wouldn't be surprised if he could smell deception and lies from his sleep. If he found out that I was tailing him, I honestly don't know what I would say to him. 

      Clearly, I would have to lie since he wouldn't even be able to recognise me. My best possible answer would be that I was one of Marcel's vampires, sent to spy on him. Then, I'd rescue Hayley and haul my ass out of this place before I got caught. Privately, I send a quiet thanks to Rose and her ancestors for being avant garde enough to aid me and hide my true identity. 

     I close my eyes, my eyelashes fluttering in the light breeze, breathing slowly to gather my wits. In complete honesty, I had no inkling as to why I was following Nik. I know I shouldn't, that it is too reckless to be considered wise. But I need to know what kind of person ― man ― he is, if the incorrigible, torrid rumours surrounding him are true.