M. N. A.

Parker was long gone when he returned home. She was, as usual, buried under the blankets. She lay on her back for once, clutching a pillow like it was her lifeline.

Barry was careful to not make any unnecessary noises as he undressed. He climbed into the bed. Slowly, he curled up, placing his head low on her chest. His fingers danced across her stomach.

"Hi, little Allen," he whispered, "It's your father, here. Your beautiful mother is sleeping right now. Rightfully. I gave her a good scare today...

You see, baby, I talked to my own Mom today. You'll never meet her, but I sure wish you could... We, um, read a story together. Our story. And, I hope, one day your mother and I can read this to you when you're here. Until then, I can do it alone...

'Once there was a little dinosaur, called a Maiasaur, who lived with his mother.

One day, he told his mother, 'I wish I were special like the other dinosaurs! If I were a T.Rex, I could chomp with my ferocious teeth!'

'But if you were a T.Rex,' said his mother, 'how would you hug me with your tiny little arms?'

'I wish I were an Apatosaurus,' said the little dinosaur, 'so with my long neck, I could see high above the treetops.'

'But if you were an Apatosaurus,' said his mother, 'how would you hear me in the treetops when I told you I love you?'

'What makes you so special, little Maisaur?' said his mother, 'Is it your ferocious teeth, or long neck, or pointy beak? What makes you special, is that out of all the different dinosaurs in the big, wide world, you have the mother who is just right for you, who will always love you...'"

Barry sniffled, wiping at his tears. He couldn't distinguish whether or not the tears were joyful or saddened. He didn't have to force a smile at his wife's stomach when he settled his hand across it.

"And that she, and I, will do, baby. I promise."

"You two are lifesavers!" screamed Parker, the following morning. She made sure to steal the to-go bag of Big Belly Burger before she showered them in thankful kisses.

"Iris thought you might be hungry," said Barry.

"She was damn right. I haven't eaten all morning. We ran out of crunchy peanut butter around here," said Parker sadly.

"Yeah, but there's still some smooth left. I had some yesterday," said Barry, pointing over his shoulder.

"I'm too good to be reduced to smooth peanut butter."

"Why's that, baby?" teased Barry.

"Because I'm not a communist, that's why," sassed Parker, "Dad! Good morning!"

Henry rubbed tiredly at his eyes. "Good morning, good morning. What are you guys up to?"

"Arguing over which type of peanut butter is better," said Iris.

"Crunchy," said Henry instantly .

Parker's heart swelled with utter love. "I love him. I love your father more than you," she decided.

"Dad," said Barry, suppressing his eye roll, "you said we could do an ultrasound, right?"

"Yes, absolutely. I'd just have to make a run for the gel," agreed Henry.

"Since when did we get the machine? Did I pay for one? With what money?" interrogated Parker.

"We've got one in the Workshop, according to Cisco. He said he was going to break it open for it's parts, I guess. He and Harry are down working on it right now," explained Barry.