Chapter Forty Three

A/N: WHAT UP WITH THAT 100K READS THO!?!? THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE THAT ACTUALLY REALLY CARES ABOUT THIS BOOK BECAUSE THIS BOOK AND THESE CHARACTERS ARE LITERALLY LIKE MY BABY AND IT'S SUPER AWESOME THAT PEOPLE CARE ENOUGH TO READ IT. SO THANKS AND I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Abby's P.O.V

"C'mon it wouldn't really hurt would it?" I look up at Oakland as he slides the shot glass over towards me. The music at this party is booming and I'm starting to wonder why I agreed to follow Oakland to this night club in the first place. Clubbing isn't even my kind of thing and I was stupid to think that just because it's evident that Scott is cheating on me that it could be.

I look away from Oakland and glance around at the chaos that surrounds me. I will never be able to understand how anyone would even want to be in a place like this on purpose. People grinding on other people and making out in various corners, even the food is shit. I mean if the food were any good at all I could understand but in this case I just can't. Why is it so appealing to people to waste their youth partying when they could be doing something to improve their futures. Not to mention how hot it is in here. I feel like I can't even breathe. 

As my eyes stop on a specific person standing on the dance floor my heart does too. Parker is standing there smirking in my direction, not dancing, as if he doesn't even notice any of the people surrounding him. As if people aren't bumping into him left and right. But then all of a sudden Mr. O'neil comes from behind him and places his hand on Parker's shoulder as they both just stare at me. 

I can't breathe.

I'm about to turn around to turn around to say something to Oakland but what if I'm just being delusional again? What if they're right about me going crazy? What if they're not there and I'm just going to make a fool of myself again? But it doesn't seem like their going away! They're just standing there staring at me like I'm the only thing in the room right now. 

I shut my eyes but the picture of them just standing there is still very clear even with my eyes shut. I open my eyes and look up at the people standing on the dance floor to see that they aren't there anymore. 

They aren't there anymore?

I really can't breathe now.

I begin hyperventilating and I look over at Oakland who is staring at me. I can see his mouth begin moving but I can't hear anything that he's trying to say. The music and his voice have both seemed to fade into silence as I place my hand on my chest and gulp for air. But my throat feels too dry to even get air into. I look down at the shot glass that Oakland gave to me earlier and grab it before downing it. It burns a lot but slowly everything comes back into focus and I'm grabbing Oakland's glass and downing his too. 

"-happend?" I look up and Oakland is staring at me with a concerned look on his face and his eyebrows are furrowed. I guess he was talking to me. 

"W-what?" 

"I was asking what just happened?" Oakland asks staring me in the eyes and sliding his hand up so that it's placed on top of my own. "You were freaking me out there for a minute, you were just staring at nothing then you starting breathing really deeply."