Chapter 6

It seems my views have doubled! That's amazing! I hope you guys are enjoying this story and I hope you keep reading it.

xxxxxxx

When we got to the farm, all things said and done in the SUV were forgot. I practically crawled over Travis to get out. I looked around and saw that not much has changed. Our old two story house was still the same, there was the barn, and even our old play set. I missed this place. Papa had sold it to Uncle Ben when mum died.

"It hasn't changed," I said.

"No it hasn't." I hear Travis's deep baritone voice say beside me. I look over at him and smile coyly. That's when we both take off and jump into the haystack that's next to the barn. "I so beat you."

"No you didn't. I made it first!" Travis then decides to start a hay fight and before you know it, the hay is everywhere.

"Hey! You kids get out of the hay!" we hear Uncle Ben yell. I get up and run towards him.

"Uncle Ben!" I yell while jumping into his arms. He spins me around and laughs. He sets my down and looks at me.

"Well, you haven't changed much at all Alex. You got older and taller, but you're still that same wild little girl I knew," he says while take a piece of straw out of my hair.

"Haha. Ain't that the truth," Brett says as he walks towards us. I turn around, put my hands on my hips, and glare at him.

"You can't be talking. You still act as if you're six," I say.

"As I recall, you were only one when I was six, so how do you know if I act the same or not?"

"I've heard stories." He puts his hand on his chest and mocks surprise. Uncle Ben laughs and puts Brett into a headlock.

"Well I can verify that you haven't changed," he says. Brett laughs and gets out of the headlock.

"Hello Uncle Ben. How are you?"

"I'm good. And you?"

"We've been better," I say flatly. I walk off towards the old swing that Papa made on a tree. I turn and look to see Uncle and Brett talking. I know what they're talking about. Brett's telling him about how Papa has been very reserved and how he's hardly apart of our lives. He's hardly ever home and he never calls to check on us. He didn't even call when Mason was in that car accident last year. In fact, I don't even think he knows about it. I sit on the swing and look out to the field. I hear grass crunching under someone's feet. I know exactly who it is too.