29. Third Memory

Allison rubs her head as we all stand up in a shady hall way. This time, the time traveling took its toil on Allison, like it did on Ethan and I in the first and second memories.

This hall way is really dark, eventhough it is shining bright outside.

It looks like everything has been decolourised here. The once exuberant setting has now changed to a dull background.

I guess we're in the 1890 Edenfield.

I look out of the window and see that Henry is pacing in the gardens in a black suit and a grim expression. He looks, as though, he hasn't slept in days. He has light marks under his eyes.

It is shiny outside, which is why I'm clearly able to decipher his get-up.

Dylan motions us to go outside into the gardens and Ethan, Allison and I follow him.

Before going around the corner to the gardens, I see a door opening.

Isabelle walks out from the parlour room, leaving the door a bit ajar. From the little view I have, I see several men and women sitting.

She moves up the staircase with her arms across her chest. She is also wearing a black gown, opposite to her golden dress at the ball. She has the same expression as Henry.

"Lindsey, come on," Ethan calls out to me, as I am standing, staring at my douppleganger. It really is weird to see with the exact same face and body structure as yours.

I shake my head to rid it of my thoughts and join the group.

As we are walking, I notice several male and female maids walking briskly to do their daily duties.

We turn around the corner and walk past the Main Entrance.

All of us turn our head side-ways to find Henry. I see him sitting alone on a stone bench. He looks like he's deep in thought. We approach him and he looks up at us.

Instead of his usual smiling greet, he looks at us solemnly.

"So, you have all arrived," he says as he stands up and straitghtens his posture.

"You ought to come with me for a walk." He starts walking towards the gate and the workere there, open it for him.

The gate closes when the rest of us reach it. Henry looks back at us and nods his head.

What...

Allison places her fingers on the gate and it goes right through the gate

Her eyebrows arch up as she easily moves the rest of her arm through the gate bars.

She looks at us while Ethan and I just shrug. Dylan is the first one to move in through the gate, following Allison, Ethan and I.

I feel a chill run down my spine as the move through the once solid gate.

"I guess we can move through solid objects again," Ethan says.

"Yeah..." I say as I adjust my jacket around myself.

I look up at the sky and see clouds now settling in the vicinity. Everthing suddenly becomes dull and grey.

Like our hearts.

Mostly, we say that there are only two kind of people: good and bad, or white and black. The white symbolising the good and black representing evil.

In actuality, we aren't entirely white or black. We have both white and black traits, which make mixed shades in us: shades of grey to be exact.

The wind kisses the strand of stray hair out of my face as we walk on the stone path. Unlike my modern day neighbourhood, there are fewer houses here and a lot of greenery, too.