NINETEEN

"I'm going to throw a party!" Alice exclaimed coming home from school one day.
"Yeah, cause like the last one wasn't bad enough." I rolled my eyes.
"Britt," Esme warned me. "No! I'm not going to throw another party that puts my family in danger. Bella may be a pain in my ass but I still treat her like family." I snarled getting suddenly upset.
"I'm sorry Britt, but you'll have to stay out of the house for this one. There will be too many humans that will recognize you and Bella. Plus, your still a newborn. The smell of blood might be to strong," Carlisle explained to me.
"Fine," I grumbled and rolled my eyes, sulking back upstairs.
     I laid on my bed while I listened into the conversation downstairs. Suddenly all the voices from downstairs multiplied. I heard other voices too. They were everywhere. They were all coming at me to quick for me to read but they are buzzing. It was giving me a terrible headache.
     I squeezed my eyes shut and pushed my head down as far as it would go into the mattress. I opened my mouth to call it for help but instead was a scream. Everyone ran upstairs and into my room.
    "Stop! Make the voices stop!" I cried.
"She gained her power of mind reading." I heard Edward whisper. "Get out of the room and clear your thoughts," Edward ordered our family, shooing them out the door.
     "Britt, can you hear me?" Edwards voice rang out from the others. "Yes," I chocked out through gritted teeth. "I know it hurts but you need to listen to what I say and it will get better." He told me. "Okay. I need you to visualize yourself pushing all the voices away. You need to tune out the voices. Pretend your turning the voices off. Like a radio and the voices are the stations. Turn them off," He explained.
   I envisioned what he said as I saw myself turning the nob on the radio. "It still hurts," the pain was bearable but it was still there. "Okay, now your just going to have to get use to the buzzing. I know it hurts but you can do it," I felt him rub my hand.
"Let's take you downstairs. Can you get up, okay?" He asked me. "I'm fine," I said through gritted teeth. I quickly stood up and walked downstairs.
I felt Jaspers warm arm snake behind me and pull me into his chest. "Are you okay," he asked pressing a kiss to my forehead. "Yes," I chocked out. "Your so strong, love" he hugged me tighter. I snuggled my head into his chest.
I felt a burning flame on my raw throat. I quickly pulled out of Jaspers grip and spun around on my heel. "Hunt," I managed to get out. "What?" Emmett asked confused. My hands flew to my throat before I could comprehend my words. "Hunting!" Rosalie exclaimed figuring it out.
Before I knew what was happening, Emmett grabbed my arm and we took off into the forest. I couldn't tell if anyone else was behind me or not but I didn't care at this point. I pushed myself harder and zoomed past Emmett and an incredible speed that even Edward couldn't keep up with.
    "Gee Britt. Slow down!" Emmett's loud voice boomed followed by his loud laughter. I came to a sudden stop as soon as the smell hit me, immediately. I crouched down real low as the mountain lion jumped off a rock. I lunged myself forward and sunk my teeth into its neck. The sweet taste flooded through my mouth cooling the fire in my throat.
   A little after, Emmett had caught up and gotten his hunt. They quenched their thirst and before they knew it, they had already been gone for an hour. "Come on, let's go back and play video games," Britt told Emmett who just finish draining a deer.
   POKÉMON! Emmett yelled in his mind. Britt fell to the ground holding her head. "Britt! Britton!" Emmett called to me. "Stop yelling," I whispered. "Sorry. Are you okay? What happened?" He asked. "Don't yell your thoughts like that. New on the mind reading, remember?" I sassed.
"God, you scared me. Come on," he pulled me up by my arm. "Race ya," I took off running leaving him behind in my dust.