going back

Kira's pov

Me sesshomaru kagome and inuyasha were all sitting in kagomes room talking about the situation at hand.

"we need to figure out how he got here" kagome said as if sesshomaru wasn't in the room

"ask him he's the one who followed me into the well" inuyasha cocked

"what if he follows you back through the well" ~kagome

The well. It's in my book. There's a chapter on it. I never read that far. Jumping up I ran to room without saying a word. I grabbed the book and flipped through it. Finding the chapter I began reading.

The scared well works in two ways. One: getting rid of demons bones when throw in. Two: time change. When a member of the obis family, the onimus family, or a half demon jumps into the well they travel from the federal era to a different time or the other way. A full breed demon would not be able to cross unless with a half demon of the same blood line. A human could only cross over if there soul belonged to the other time.

I closed the book around my finger and ran back to the other.

"you were right" I said slamming my book down in front of kagome I sat down beside sesshomaru and rested my head on his shoulder. Kagome picked up the book and read the page I just did.

"that's great he can go back to the federal era" kagome said with excitement running in her voice.

"what's wrong with him staying here" I shouted back at her as I stood up.

"he doesn't belong here" ~kagome

"either does inuyasha, but he's here and your not kicking him out" I screamed at her as I got closer.

~~~~~

We were all standing at the well waiting for the guys to leave. I was contemplating leaving with them. I was furious with kagome for the way she was acting.

Inuyasha leaped in and sesshomaru followed quickly behind. I ran to the edge of the wall and looked over. Gone. I looked back at kagome and decided id stay for a few hours just to read all my weapons that I didn't have now. I turned and walked back towards the house passing kagome with out a word.

Back in my room I sat down on my bed and reached down into one of my boots sitting on the floor. Pulling out the letter I held it in my lap and stared at it.

What ever this says I'm not sure I want to know. A few short words could change everything. My life could change even more than what it already has. Last year I was a straight a student with a family and not knowing anything else. Now my sister struggles in school constantly failing and I'm a drop out and we run around slaying demons in a different time. I laid the letter down on the bed and started packing.

After I was packed up I opened my door quietly and checked the hallway. Nobody. I walked outside and to the well. I went to the edge and looked over. Nothing. It was dark and lonely. I leaped.

On the other side I climbed out. The cool forest air hit my face and relaxed me. I set off for the village to find sango and stay with her.

As I walked through the forest I heard to bushes up ahead tremble and shake. I pulled out my sword ready for whatever pops out. Slowly I stepped forward.

"Kira you can put down your sword" an all to familiar voice said as he immerged from the trees and bushes.

"sesshomaru" I practically whispered as I slowly moved my sword back into its holster.
"why are you here alone"
"I was still upset with kagome and I wanted to be here more than I wanted to be at home"
"then where are you going to sleep its a long way to the village and the sun's going down."
"theres a clearing up ahead that's why I have this tent." I jestered to the bag I was carrying.

We walk in silence to the clearing. When we arrived I worked quickly with what sun light I had left to pitch the tent. Once the tent was all good and set up I sent sesshomaru to get fire wood. Then I built the fire.

I sat raped in a blanket in front of the fire with sesshomaru next to me. Being here with him was nice. I don't understand how everyone can hate him so much
I'm sure he's done bad, but he's so nice to me that I can't see him as being evil. I rested my head on his shoulder like I always do. It brings me comfort.

"does anyone know your here"he asked quietly.
"only you" I replied.
"won't they worry about you"
"are you saying you would"
He didn't answer.
"sesshomaru why does kagome hate you so much"
"I'm not the good guy"
"then way do you act that way towards me"
"I... Uh... I..."
"sesshomaru whatever it is it's okay to admit"
"it's not that easy"
"what is it"
"your different..."
"what do you mean"
"I've always hated Humans, but I feel different about you"
"are you saying you like me"
"I... I don't know... Maybe"

A serge of emotions ran through me at the sound of his words. I can't lie and I won't I like him, but if I don't have to admit it I won't.

It was quite. I didn't know what else to say and sesshomaru didn't seem to either.

"Kira, does you asking mean you like me"
"I can't lie so I can't say no."
"then you do"
"...yes..."

Sesshomaru turned and looked at me. I could feel my heart beat picking up. It raced with the wind. Faster and faster. I took a deep breath and felt subconscious when it came out shattered. Sesshomaru reached up and touched my face with the palm of his hand.

"your cute when your nervous" he said ever so gently.

As if my heart was going wasn't already going fast enough it pick up even more. I tried to clam down, but despite my efforts I wasnt clam.

I looked closely at sesshomarus face and I could tell he was faintly smiling. It seemed weird and out of place. As stared into his eyes he lend in and kissed me.
I was caught off guard, but it didn't take me long to sink in and kiss back