Chapter Five

The entire palace was busy with the preparations of welcoming their king back. A grand feast were being prepared to mark the new victory,one of the many, of the king.

"What if he marries that Muslim girl?" Rakhi asked as the queen mother,Seharika turned to face her sister.

"He is not a fool."Seharika answered,as she opened her small casket to take out a leaf of paan,rolling it carefully with her frail fingers.

"A man does not go to war for a whore."Rakhi spoke sternly, as she took a step towards her.

"His grandfather, the great king Gaurava, he was known as the cruel king. His father, my late husband was known as the mad king. Yuvraj is known as a passionate one." Sehraika explained,her eyes twinkling as she put the freshly made paan between her lips.

"He fought because that stupid old king hurt his ego.And, if this bothers your sleep so much dear sister, you think I would let that witch sit on my throne?"Seharika asked, as she offered the woman the paan.

A smile curved on Rakhi's lips as she accepted the paan and pulling her saree up, she sat down beside Seharika on the bed.

Rakhi knew her sister well enough to know that she had thought of it. It was foolish of her to think otherwise. Badi Rani ,(God queen) was a woman who was skilled in the craft of the kingdom. She was the woman whose husband had eleven mistresses but not one bastard, except one of course who had been a young folly.

She knew to take care of things that belonged to her.

There was a knock on the door as a servant entered, bowing before the queen mother. "King Yuvraj has approached the gates with his troop." He informed her as Seharika rose, one of her maids quickly adjusting the saree.

"Let's see what the lord has sent upon us."

The trumpets blew loud as soldiers dressed in red started to crowd the entrance. Yuvraj rode on his horse, Marah's litter following him close by. His horse stopped at the gate as the crown chanted," Maharaj Yuvraj ki jai! " (All hail the great king !).

Yuvraj smiled at his people as he dismounted his horse,raising his hand to his people. He looked at Raghav who in turn commanded the soldiers to take Marah's litter in the compound. He didn't want anyone to eye his prize, not just yet.

Walking back in, Yuvraj stepped inside his big palace, a crowd of woman awaiting his return. "King Yuvraj Singh Sekhawat, ruler of the seven seas and land." His minister called out as he smiled to see his mother lined ahead.

"Mother."He greeted her with a nod,as she offered him a warm smile before swirling the pious prayer plate around him. It was a tradition, to welcome him in his house after each battle with God's blessing.

After the little ceremony, she handed her plate to the woman beside him and he engulfed her in a hug. She hugged him back,kissing his head as she looked at him in the eyes. "Welcome back my brave son."

Yuvraj smiled and nodded, as he stepped ahead into his household. And just then he heard a scream.

***

Marah heard the loud voices chanting as her litter was carried inside the gates, to the backyard where women landed. She sat in her litter with Fatima beside her, her heart beating wildly.

She knew she was far away from home and now, she had no way back. She heard footsteps outside as the guards set the litter down.

Someone held open the curtains and Marah frowned,turning her head away. "Looks like the king brought a ripe whore. "The man spoke as he gripped Marah's hand and tugged her roughly outside. Another man did the same to Fatima who screamed out loudly, causing the man to slap her.

"Leave her be."Marah yelled,trying to free herself. She kicked the man holding Fatima in his balls,causing him to scream.

"You cunt." The man holding her screamed at Marah as he kicked her in her stomach,causing her to cry out in pain.

This is what she was afraid of. The man who gripped Marah's hand started pulling her scarf away from her as Marah struggled. Was this why Yuvraj had brought her here? To let his men rape her? Was she going to be a common whore?

She jerked her body but couldn't free herself and just then the man suddenly stopped, his head dropping down from his body as Marah screamed loudly, his blood on her face.

***

Vote, comment and like! I would love to know the readers of the book. Any words of encouragement or suggestions are welcomed!