chapter 13

"Lauren," Camila whispered.

Lauren distractedly tore her attention away from Gigi Hadid on stage and turned towards Camila who was nudging her softly.

"Do you see this?" Camila asked nervously. "Why is everyone staring at us?"

Lauren quickly looked around seeing some people staring at the stage, but a few eyes that were watching them quickly looked away when they saw her look at them. Lauren's eyebrows furrowed in panic, but she tried to not let it freak her out.

"Maybe it's because we're sitting together?" Lauren suggested.

Camila shook her head and plastered a dull smile on her lips, knowing that people had begun staring again. They were used to people studying them all the time due to 'camren,' but Camila knew it was nothing like that this time. They were watching them as if they had actually been caught doing something.

"This is different."

Lauren sighed. "Lets not panic, okay? Not until we know whats going on. Maybe it has nothing to do with us. Maybe it's because Fifth Harmony gets an award tonight? I don't know, but don't overthink it."

Camila listened intently, trying to absorb it all. She finally nodded with a calming smile. But at the same time, Lauren saw someone near them look at their phones and then back at them. This time Lauren was the one who panicked.

"Just to be safe," Lauren whisper coughed, "I'll switch spots with Ally."

Camila nodded approvingly. Although she loved sitting besides Lauren and "accidentally" bumping her hand into hers every chance she got, something just felt off. Like people knew. The paranoid one was always Lauren about little things such as this, but this time it was Camila panicking, so maybe there really was something to worry about.

Camila saw Lauren whisper into Ally's ear, Ally's brown eyes quickly darted across the room taking in the environment. She nodded. Seconds later, Ally had taken a place between the two girls.

Camila looked back on the stage and tried to relax now that Lauren wasn't besides her. But she couldn't, as she could feel the heat of eyes following her from left to right.

She quickly turned to her right, meeting eyes with a dark haired guy who looked just about her age wearing a navy blue dress up shirt and khaki's. Camila was about to smile at him, but before she could, he quickly turned his head away.

She groaned and tried not to panic more. But, not being able to handle it, she pulled out her phone and lowered her brightness, just in case anyone nearby saw what she was doing. She needed to find an answer. She had to find something, anything, but where could she start?

Bringing out the Twitter app which always seemed to hold answers to everything the news didn't even cover, she quickly skimmed through her twitter timeline seeing the fans she was following tweet about the MVA's, but she didn't stop to read any of them because she was focused on one keyword, Camren. Any tweet that was about her and her specific green eyed band-mate would hold the solution as to why they were holding so many stares tonight. She made sure to bring her phone close to her face as she continued skimming through, just to be sure she wouldn't get caught, because if she did, she wouldn't know how to explain herself.

After scrolling and scrolling for minutes and finding zero results, Camila was about to put her phone away and just give up to paranoia, until she thought of the brilliant idea she had been so stupid as to not think of in the first place. In the twitter search bar, she typed in #Camren.