Chapter One

So here is where things are set into motion. The song is Closer by Tegan and Sara who are both out and proud! Support them! Also Jodelle Ferland would make a really good Lillian Grey. A character about to be introduced this chapter. Happy reading bookworms!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                   Jake

It was said this was a non-homophobic school. That was only the second reason why I was here. The first reason was my grandmother was having a hard time taking care of herself now. 

But don’t tell her that. 

The nurse said our company which was both my parents and myself would do her well enough. To keep her happy we lived in a single story three bedroom house way on the other side of town. I got the biggest room available. Not that I thought I needed it or anything. 

It wasn’t too big of a town but it had all the needs a town needed. This was very different from the Midwestern life style I had come to know so well being born and raised out there. Here in the western side of the United States, it was easier than I thought. 

My parents, Eric and Leah Sampson, were just going out of their way to make sure I was happy. They were good people. My dad a humble and hard working man. My mother was also hard working with a high tolerance rate. I had nothing to complain about them. They accepted me the moment I came out of the closet. 

I also wondered how the football team here was.

The rest of that introduction stuff is pretty much boring and could be summed up rather quickly. The first day of school and getting around was easy. Even though it meant I had to go to school the very next day we arrived and we got home shortly after eleven at night. 

I checked myself out in the mirror in my very own bathroom!

My hair was dirty dishwater blonde like my grandmother’s was back in the day. My mom had the black hair and my dad had the light brown. I brushed it upwards to get rid of the wetness after the shower. My skin was naturally tanned and the weather here didn’t seem too much different than back at my hometown. Just a little cooler.

Everything was about as perfect as it could get. My brown eye’s matched my brown leather jacket. I made a mental note to show my grandma that I still wore her gift to me two years ago. It still looked brand new. 

After a quick check that I had everything I headed off to school.

Hour’s later I was thinking of getting on the football team. The kids were very respectful. Senior year here was going to be easy.

There was still so much to do. Mandatory checks on grandma without making to obvious. I totally loved my grandma seeing as she was the only grandparent I had. She was on my mom’s side. There wasn’t much contact with my dad’s side.

While my mind mulled those things over as I was walking to my English class.

My head throbbed but very little and all my books scattered all over the hallway. Most kids kept their distance stepping over my math book which must have been when knocked me in the head. I almost stumbled but a pair of large hands grabbed my shoulders and more books fell. 

“Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch,” I danced away hanging onto the side of my head.

“You ok?”

Then I looked up. Like just an inch up into the face of gorgeous! His black hair was really short and I could tell by his eye’s that he could be Hawaiian.