Chapter 13

A/N: Don't forget to Comment & Vote at the end of the chapter!!!

Enjoy!!!

*

Mario's POV

I stood by her bedside still trying to process what the nurse said while replaying the night Lauren and I had sex through my head.
"Excuse me?" Lauren asked the nurse as if it was a mistake.
The look of shock still showed on her face.
I had a lot on my plate and two women pregnant at the same time was not a good look.
The thought of Alaina still walking around pregnant made my fuckin' head hurt.
She had stopped answering my calls and her mother got a restraining order against me after finding out I smacked Alaina up.
I hadn't seen CJ since that day and it was eating away at me. I couldn't go within fifty yards of them.
The nurse smiled making her way over towards Lauren.
"Your just a few weeks along. You have a long time ahead of you." She said checking her blood pressure.
Lauren glanced at me seeing I was in deep thought.
Wrapping the machine together the nurse wrote in her notepad.
"Your blood pressure is good." She said to her. "The baby wasn't harmed so that's great."
"Are you sure I'm pregnant?" Lauren asked again.
The nurse began laughing out loud.
"That's usually every woman's first reaction but honey, you are definitely expecting." She said squeezing her hand.
Lauren plastered on a forced smile but I could see she was nervous.
"Thanks so much." Celia said to the nurse.
"No problem and Congratulations you two." She said patting my shoulder. "Let me know if ya'll need anything." She added before leaving the room.
Celia grabbed her purse from the couch.
"So I'll see you two at the house?" She asked slinging the purse over her shoulder.
Neither of us responded.
"Hello? Am I talking to myself?" She frowned.
I hadn't seen Lauren since I'd broke up with her and we weren't on good terms and Celia knew it.
Sighing she turned towards me.
"Where ever you was the pass month is in the past. Ya'll are expecting now--Mario fix it--get it together." She demanded before leaving the room.
I directed my attention to Lauren. Her eyes became glossy as tears fell down her cheeks.
I still cared a lot about her but she couldn't understand that I was only looking out for her. That nigga Reese had it out for me and I couldn't risk anything happening to her.
"Where have you been?" She snapped while wiping away her tears.
I wasn't in the mood to talk about where I've been the past month, especially not at this moment.
"I've been busy." I simply stated brushing the conversation off.
She could sense I was dodging the subject so she dropped the conversation.
Staring down at her flat stomach tears continued rolling down her face.
"They drugged me Mario. I could've lost this baby."
Taking in a deep breath I slowly exhaled.
I'd beaten Teddy half to death before Doughboy could pull me off of him. Seeing Lauren passed out and hurting did something to me.
Holding her hand in mine I lifted her chin so I could look into her eyes.
"Are you ready for this?" I asked cautiously while trying to forget the nights events.
Shying away she looked at me.
My phone began ringing interrupting the conversation.
Pulling it from my pocket I looked at the screen.
Lauren rolled her eyes as I answered bringing it to my ear.
"Sup?"
"Yo, you need to come to the spot." Doughboy said into the phone.
Rubbing my hand over my head I took in a deep breath.
"Ight man. I'll hit yo line when I'm leavin'." I said disconnecting the phone.
Directing my attention back to her she shook her head in disappointment while standing up from the bed.
"Where you goin?" I asked reaching for her hand.
She pushed it away disappearing into the bathroom slamming the door behind her.
"Lauren--." I said walking over to the door and opening it.
She sat on the toilet with the seat cover down.
Looking up at me she wiped the tears that fell from her eyes.
"What's wrong?"
"What do you mean what's wrong?" She frowned.
I knew why she was mad but I didn't have anything better to say.
"We jus found out we're havin' a baby after all the shit that happened tonight and your sitting here tryna make moves." She snapped standing up. "Could you leave that shit a lone for three minutes?"
Rolling her eyes she pushed pass me leaving the bathroom.
She was right but I needed to handle this Megan and Teddy situation before things got out of hand.
The doctor walked into the room holding papers.
"So your free to go home. Everything seems fine--I just need you to sign these." He said flipping through the papers.
Taking the pen Lauren placed her signature on all of the pages.
"Take it easy and have a good evening." He said to her before shaking my hand.
"Thanks."
He hurried out of the room and I pulled my car keys from my pocket.
"I'm sorry okay?" I said trying to make things right.
She sighed as she put on her shoes and grabbed her purse.
I could see she was aggravated.
"I just wanna get home." She said walking out of the room.
Following her we took the elevator to the parking lot. I opened the passenger's door for her before walking around to the drivers side getting in myself.
"Did you wanna get somethin to eat?" I asked while closing the car door.
Ignoring my question she rested her head on the headrest not making eye contact with me.
Starting the car I pulled from the parking lot driving in the direction of my mom's house.
Lauren turned on the radio and sat back in her seat looking out the window trying not to make eye contact.
Approaching a stoplight I pulled my phone from the cup holder and began texting Doughboy to let him know I was on the way.
Lauren took in a deep breath as I put the phone down.
"What's wrong wit you?" I asked glancing at her.
"You disappear for weeks and have no excuse as to where you've been."
"I was handlin' business." I assured her.
Waving me off she crossed her arms over her chest.
"What now?" She asked. "Where do we stand?"
I took my eyes off of the road to meet hers.
"I want you to move in wit me."
She looked at me as if I was speaking another language.
"So now you wanna be wit me since you've found out I'm carrying your baby?"
"Don't do that--you know how much I care about you."
"Disappearing for a month is showing you care." She said sarcastically.
"I did that for you. I needed to make sure nuthin' happened to you because niggas was after me but you don't understand that."
The stop light turned green and I started back driving.
I decided to drop the conversation because it was beginning to piss me off.
The rest of the ride to the house was silent.
Pulling into the driveway and parking she didn't waste anytime getting out.
Following after her I walked into the guest house to see her flipping through clothes in the closet.
"Why you actin' like this?" I asked while sitting on the bed.
She shot me an evil look.
"When will the "game" ever become second?" She snapped. "We have a baby on the way and I don't want to get stuck raising this child by myself."
"You won't have to worry about that because I'm not goin' anywhere." I assured her while standing up from the bed taking her into my arms.
Lifting her chin I brought my lips to hers.
The kiss turned intense as I grabbed a handful of her ass causing her to moan into my mouth.
I could feel myself getting aroused, I hadn't been sexual with anyone in weeks.
"I want you to move in wit me." I said pulling away while kissing her neck.
Her hands roamed my back as I sucked on her neck.
We were so into each other neither of us noticed Celia coming into the room.
"That's why y'all in the situation your in." She said looking around the room.
Lauren pulled away embarrassed.
Smirking I noticed her cheeks turning red. My phone began vibrating in my pocket and skeptical about answering I slid the key to answer.
"Yeah?"
"Where you at?" Doughboy asked.
Lauren looked at me waiting on my reply.
"I'll be there in ten minutes." I said sighing and disconnecting.
She shook her head.
"I thought we just talked about this." She said as she pulled clothes from the dresser.
"This gon be a quick run." I assured her.
Rolling her eyes she turned her back to me while continuing to pack.
Leaving the house I made it to the trap in no time.
Doughboy stood outside smoking as I walked up.
"What up my dude." He said dapping me.
"Where's Black?"
"He had to make a run. He assured me while taking a pull from his cigarette.
"You got yo piece?" I asked.
Lifting his shirt he flashed his gun.
"You know it." He said tossing down the butt of his cigarette.
"Give it here." I ordered.
Blowing his smoke up into the air he reached into his waistband pulling out the gun handing it to me.
"You got any last words you wanna say to her?" I asked as we walked into the house.
Without saying a word Doughboy shook his head no.
Making our way down the hall I knew so well we approached the basement door.
Opening it I took my time going down the stairs as Doughboy followed. Megan was strapped to a chair with her mouth gagged.
Signaling one of my workers he snatched the tape from her mouth.
"Rio don't do this." She cried. "I'm--I'm pregnant--Please."
I turned towards Doughboy to see him shaking his head in disappointment. Slipping on a pair of gloves I aimed the gun in her direction.
"Alex please don't let him do this. I'm sorry." She begged.
I almost showed this bitch mercy hearing her say she was pregnant but she didn't have mercy when she drugged Lauren.
Not knowing but she could've killed my seed, I could give a fuck about her.
Doughboy stood behind me un phased rolling a blunt.
Pulling the trigger the bullet erupted from the barrel traveling at the speed of light hitting her in between the eyes sending blood everywhere.
I stared at her lifeless body before turning to face Doughboy.
"You good?" I asked him.
"It is what it is." He shrugged.
Handing him his gun he placed it back in his waistband.
Dapping him I walked upstairs to the bathroom closing the door behind me.
Turning on the sink water I took the gloves off placing my hands under the lukewarm water before tossing it on my face.
I needed to clear my mind.
Taking a deep breath I cut the water off and noticed the house was quiet. That was unusual for the trap. It was always noise going on.
Drying my face I quietly removed the top from the back of the toilet reaching my hand into the water pulling out a .45.
I had guns stashed throughout the house for instances like this.
Taking the gun off of safety I placed my hand on the door knob.
Before I could open the door I heard gunshots go off. My heart pounded against my chest.
Swinging open the bathroom door the barrel of a gun was placed to the middle of my forehead.
"What up bitch?" Reese said smiling. "I heard you been lookin' for me."
I couldn't believe this shit I thought as I cursed myself.
This nigga had been in hiding for the past month and now here he was.
Snatching the gun from my hand he instructed me out of the bathroom.
"I should shoot yo ass right now." He said through gritted teeth while mushing me with the gun.
My entire body filled with rage.
"Sit yo ass down." He ordered pushing me into a chair.
"A, bruh keep yo fuckin' hands off of me." I warned.
Reese was a short dark skin guy with dreads. I didn't know what Alaina seen in him.
Placing the barrel to my temple he frowned.
"I smoked that nigga Doughboy." He chuckled.
I acted as if what he said hadn't phase me but Alex was my nigga.
We grew up and ran this drug game together.
"You had to fuck my girl and get her pregnant." He said with disgust.
"Man if you gon' shoot me do it--miss me with this speech." I said fed up.
Reese lifted his gun aiming it at me.
"Sweet dreams lil nigga." He smirked.
Not giving him a chance to shoot I tackled him to the ground causing his gun to go off shooting me in the shoulder.
His gun slid across the floor away from my reach.
"Fuck!" I yelled out in agony as the pain rushed through my body.
Extending my arm I repeatedly slammed my fist against his face feeling the impact with each hit.
Going for his gun Reese grabbed a hold of my ankles to stop me.
The pain from the bullet lodged in my shoulder made it hard for me to move. Kicking him off I built up enough strength to grab the gun.
Standing to my feet I cocked the cold piece of steel while turning towards him.
Pulling out my gun he'd taken from me earlier he aimed it towards me.
His eyes widened as I pulled the trigger hitting him in the chest piercing a hole through his heart.
His body fell to the floor as he took his last breath.
My chest heaved up and down as I tried to catch my breath.
"Yo--." Black said as he walked into the room. "What the fuck happened?"
Ignoring him I looked down at my shoulder noticing my blood stained shirt.
"Bruh, you bleedin'."
Gently touching my wound it burned like hell.
This wasn't the first time I've gotten shot but going through it again was like the first time.
"I just saw Doughboy." Black said slowly shaking his head.
"I know."
Rubbing my hands over my face I quickly got myself together.
Slowly walking towards the door leading to the hallway I made my way downstairs.
Each step caused me more pain.
"Fam, I'll just drive you to the hospital." Black said leaning against me to give support.
Reluctantly I gave in.
Walking towards the front door I noticed Doughboy's corpse laid out on the floor, his body riddled with bullets.
"Damn." I mumbled to myself.
Lowering my head I slowly shook it in disbelief. Taking a deep breath I limped towards the car.
Opening the door I slipped into the passenger's seat not caring about my blood discoloring the cream seats.
Black started the car and drove in the direction of the hospital.
The thought of me being there made me immediately change my mind about going.
"I need a fuckin drink B." I complained.
Black glanced at me and laughed.
"Stop bein a bitch." He joked.
I didn't have a problem visiting people in the hospital but when it came to me being the one there--I couldn't go.
Pulling into the parking lot I walked into the hospital immediately being treated.
"How can I help you?" The receptionist asked.
"I need a doctor." I said but the feeling of unconsciousness began to take over my body.
Noticing my shirt covered in blood she stood up from her seat grabbing a wheelchair.
Wheeling me into the operating room I was given anesthesia.
The last thing I remember before I finally lost consciousness was that I should've listened to Lauren and stayed home.
A few hours later I woke up in recovery and Lauren was there. She looked worried.
Letting my eyes adjust to the light she glanced at me.
"Sup." I said horsely.
She began mean mugging me.
"What is your problem?" She asked frowning. "This "thug life" is going to be the death of you."
She wasn't saying anything I hadn't heard before. The only difference is that it meant something coming from her.
"I know Lauren." I said sighing.
"You said you weren't going to leave anymore."
"Bae, calm down. I'm still here."
"Barely." She snapped.
Biting down softly on her bottom lip she looked as if she were in deep thought.
"Mario if you can't choose between our soon-to-be family and this life--then I'm leaving."