Chapter 7: And Maybe It's Me..

I stand in my bedroom checking over everything to quickly to make sure I haven't missed anything. It's my last day here before heading back home so Ryan can get to work bright and early tomorrow morning, and I admit it, I'm more than ready to go. Ryan and David haven't solved as much as they were hoping to but they say there's only a few more loose strings to tie together. I sigh as I remember just how unfun moving actually is, packing and unpacking, then there's the commute and learning your way around. 

"Whatcha thinking?" Cassidy smiled popping her bright and shiny face through the door. I grin and pulling her in so quickly we both fall onto my bed before crashing onto the floor. "Ouch! A simple, 'Hey there bestfriend' would've sufficed."

"Sorry, I'm just upset to be leaving you... again." I state, my smile fading softly as I help her to her feet.

"It's fine. I'll be down to visit soon anyway, it's not like i'll never see you again." She laughed dusting herself off and folding her arms across her chest, face suddenly serious. "Have you finally told Eric you're madly in love with him?"

"What the hell Cass, i'm so over him. Bond or not. Ryan's amazing, everything i've ever wanted." I smiled shaking my head at her. 

"Mates aren't about what you think you want, their about what you need. Obviously Eric's got something you need, if you would sit and talk to him you'd know." She frowned flopping onto my bed and looking at me.

"We talk." 

"No, I mean really talk. No yelling, no throwing Aiden or Ryan in his face, no past bullshit!! Just the here and the now." She sighed falling back as I decided to join her reluctantly.

"And what would me and Mr. Moon 'rapist' talk about?" I groaned and Cassidy shoots up like my beds on fire, then looks down glaring at me. "What?"

"There you go again, living in the past. I understand it was scary and painful and he was wrong, but he knows that too Ada. You can't just keep throwing that at him and using it as a excuse." Cassidy argues with her hands on her hips. "Everyone fucks up alright? You can't hate a match because of the fire. He learned, and you got a beautiful baby boy out of it, some loss but a great gain."

"And since when did you become all wise and knowing?" I frown up at her.

"I've been your bestfriends since diapers, you may be fooling everyone else but I see clear through your facade. Your heart wants him, just accept it already. I'm not saying move in with him but Ada..." She sighs deeply, pausing for effect the way only Cass can do. "Second chances are required."

"I don't love him." I say scrunching up my face a bit, not quite attractive but who cares?

"You're a liar." She stated as if it's as clear as day. "Look. I'm not gonna sit here and try to drag the emotions out of you, I just want you to be honest with yourself and the people around you. Adalaid it's obvious you still feel something, otherwise you wouldn't be holding a grudge from two years ago."

"He raped me, I'll get over that in my own time okay?" I barked jerking of the bed suddenly really pissed off.

"Okay, and we all know that already. So why must you keep repeating it?" Cassidy asked but I could see her urge to recoil increasing.

"Because no ones listening to me!" I growled suddenly in her face.

"We don't listen to you? Adalaid we love you! We just want you to truthful to us and yourself, and the truth is your not fooling anyone but Ryan and Eric with the 'I hate him' act. Your just confusing everyone else and hurting yourself in the process. Eric's not gonna wait on you much longer Ada, he replaced you once... might wanna act while the scores kinda even." She growled back and suddenly I had the urge to fight. I wanted to punch the blonde out of her and make her regret coming in here. But I didn't wanna lose my bestfriend so I unclenched my fist and took a short breath while staring her down.