Chapter IIII: You'll See

"Who was it?" Ashe asked Andre after he hung up.

Andre walked over to them, ruffled the back of his head, chuckling, "Marilyn, she wants me to go help out Nessa with the equipment for her protest today. Help me out, yeah?"

Ashe groaned, "Fine."

"Hey NJ." Andre said, "Where's dad?"

"At the harbor, you wanna go see him after meeting with Nessa? Cause me and Oli were going to." She says.

"Then we're going out tonight, you and me NJ." Oliver adds, hugging her from behind, she giggles.

"Ashe, wanna go?" Andre asked.

He shrugged, "Sure, haven't seen that old fart in while."

Norma Jean slapped the back of his head, "Hey! That's my daddy you're talking about!"

Ashe rubbed the back of his head, "Ow!!"

They laughed and walked out the apartment and outside of the complex to the streets of Bohemia. It was daylight and slightly warm but with a nice breeze. A nice Valentine's Day for NJ and Oliver, yet not for Andre.

"Aye? How about Mimi!?" Norma Jean asked, and Andre lit.

"Oh yeah! Let's go get her right now! I'm sure she's not working today, due to the protest." He says, they go to Ashe's car, and Andre yells, "I call shotgun!"

"Hello boys!" A voice calls.

The group looks over at the voice, and they feel down at the fact it was Mayor Kellin. He smiled at them, fake of course, then his smirk fell into a frown when he spotted Norma Jean sitting on Ashe's car.

"Hey you bum." Kellin says, pointing at NJ, "Yeah you, move over. Get your ass off that range rover."

Norma Jean arched an eyebrow, angered by his comment. She scoffed and was about to respond but her big brother was quick.

"That kind of attitude towards NJ is just what Marilyn is protesting about tonight." Andre says stepping forward to Kellin. 

Ashe stepped forward too with his film camera out, filming as he says, "Close up: Kellin Klein the third, a Mayor of our town, who divorced Buffy Bey, and married Alison Grey, of the Westport Greys. Then bought our apartment complex, the Westport building and the lot next door from his father-in-law in hopes of starting a homophobic spread to prevent Norma Jean Winters and Oliver Green from marrying as well as many others of the same sex or transexual. What a man huh?"

Kellin rolled his eyes, as Ashe shut it off.

"Marilyn is protesting, losing her performance space, not my attitude." says Kellin.

"Why are you even here, Kellin?" Oliver spat, hugging his fiancee.

Kellin glared, "The rent."

Andre rolled his green eyes in annoyance, "You're wasting your time, we already paid!"

"Not enough." added Kellin.

"We're broke!" Ashe says.

"Well," Kellin pondered, "there is one way you won't have to pay."

"Oi vei." Oliver muttered.

"If you do me one small favor..." said Kellin.

"What?" asked Andre.

"Convince Marilyn to cancel her protest." Kellin smirks.

"I knew it!" Ashe proclaimed.

"You want to produce films and write songs?" He implies to Ashe and Andre, "You need somewhere to do it! It's what we used to dream about. Think twice before you pooh-pooh it. You'll see boys, you'll see -- the beauty of a right world. That lets us do our work and get paid, with condos on the top. Whose rent keeps open our shop. Just stop the protest, and you'll have it made. You'll see, or you'll pack..." Kellin turns away from the group and disappears.