Part 30

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't, not do it intentionally. Trixie, I accept you." He says. I smile widely, and lean into him. He wraps his arm around me. "Now tell me what's wrong?" I look up at him confused.

"I just did." I lie.

"You're not a very good liar, you know that right?" He says chuckling. I bite my lip and look away from him and down to the flower. His gaze follows mine and I feel him stiffen.

"What does the flower mean?" I ask him.

"Nothing." He lies.

"You're not a very good liar either." I tell him. He sighs and then answers.

"It's a warning."

"About what and how do you only know the meaning of it?" I ask him. He sighs again and I can tell he's thinking about his answer.

"A while ago the same flower was given to me after something bad happened, the flower is telling me that the people are back." He answers vaguely.

"Are you in danger?" I ask worriedly.

"I don't know." He replies, looking down at me.

"What happened?" I ask.

"You can't keep avoiding the question." He tells me.

"I'm not." I answer not entirely truthful.

"Then answer it. What's wrong?" He asks again.

"You're going to think I'm crazy." I tell him.

"Try me." I look down away from him.

"When I touched the flower something happened."

"Like what?" He asks.

"The room went cold, then all of a sudden I was running through some woods and I felt like I was being chased. I was getting away from them when I ran into a tree." I tell him. He does respond and I start to worry. He thinks I'm crazy. I look up to him and see that his eyes are closed.

"Heath?" I ask. He jolts and his eyes fly open. "You think I'm crazy." I say, putting my head down into my hands. He puts his hands on my wrists and gently pulls them so he can see my face.

"I don't think you're crazy." He tells me. I smile slightly at him. If he did, it's nice to know he wouldn't say it to my face.

"We should get back to the party." He remarks. I nod and he helps me up. I smooth down my skirt and look over to the ballroom. I see Sasha looking at me and Heath. She was sending daggers through her glares directed at me. I smile smugly at her. She angrily turns and storms back into the hall. Heath grabs my hand and pulls me towards where Sasha was standing. As we walk I look behind me and give the bright orange flower a last glance before it is picked up and put into the trash.

Here you go! Sorry it is so short and took long! I promise the next update won't be as long of a wait and will be longer.

I have created a Twitter profile to let you know when parts are posted and what is going on. If you want to find me I am @cc_thewriter.

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following (to those of you who do that ;))

CC ;)